Read and Know How to Do A Boomerang on Snapchat
- How to Do A Boomerang On Snapchat?
- Understanding the “Bounce” Feature
- Other Looping Options
- How to Customize Your Boomerang on Snapchat?
- Is the “Bounce” Feature in Snapchat Available on Android?
- Last Thoughts
Every teenager and adult is highly fascinated by one of the leading online chatting platforms, Snapchat. You must surely be one of those, and that’s why you are here. Let’s come to the root cause of it. It is nothing but your quest to know how to do a boomerang on Snapchat.
Dive into the article and explore how to make a boomerang video on Snapchat. I guarantee that you will enjoy it equally if you continue reading this write-up.
How to Do A Boomerang On Snapchat?
Snapchat is one of the leading social media platforms presently because of its enriched and diversified features that are enjoyed by users? To make a boomerang on Snapchat, the process you have to follow is quite different from what you know about Instagram in the above section.
Firstly, there is a specific name for boomerang on Snapchat, which is “Bounce.”
Haven’t you heard of this term before? No worries because moving forward, you will get to know everything about bounce and how to create it on Snapchat.
Understanding the “Bounce” Feature
Bounce is one of the most amazing features of Snapchat, which allows users to select a specific extract of a video to replay. The video is set to play again and again because of the loop option available in the app. You can also consider it to be a boomerang video with another video.
Let’s say you use a video in which you and your friends skateboard and your friends do something that seems interesting to watch. Herein, you can play the normal video as it is but with a loop of that specific action of your friend within the video itself. You can imagine how fascinating the video would become.
Using the bounce feature is not that complex. It’s easy to use, and hence, any tech-savvy person can apply this feature on his own.
Note: Before you proceed with the process, ensure that you have the latest version of Snapchat. On the contrary, if you are using an old version, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to App Store > Updates.
- Tap on the “Update” button to download all the new software updates.
- Select Snapchat from the list of all the installed apps on your phone.
- Once all the updates are downloaded, exit the App Store. Open the Snapchat app again.
Hurray, you can use the Bounce feature this time and enjoy implementing it in your videos to make your content more interesting.
Let’s move ahead and understand how to make a bounce video or boomerang on Snapchat. It’s just a matter of a few steps, and once you are done with those steps, your Boomerang/Bounce video on Snapchat is ready.
Press And Hold the Capture Button
Open the Snapchat app. If you face troubles while opening it, then don’t worry because you can fix the “Snapchat won’t open” issue on both Android and iOS. Let me tell you that apart from your smartphone, you can also open and use Snapchat on your PC. You can choose any of the devices. Thereafter, capture an instant video standing by selecting it from the gallery. To start practically, open the Snapchat app.
Get its camera ready, tap and hold the “Record” button that appears at the bottom of the camera screen. You can record the video till you are satisfied with it.
Tap On the Infinity Loop
Don’t worry if the length of the video exceeds the designated length because you can cut the video later on and use the best part of it.
- After recording the video, tap on the “Infinity Loop icon.” Either tap twice or several times on the infinity icon so that your video can be watched on a never-ending loop by your recipients.
- Look for the “bounce slider icon” and move it toward the part which you would like to incorporate into your video.
- You need to move the slider to adjust the extract of the video with the time frame. Moving the slider to the left side lets you bounce the beginning of the video. On the contrary, shifting towards the right side lets you bounce the middle portion of the end section of the clip.
- You can preview the clip anytime you want to do it. Furthermore, the feature allows you to make adjustments to the video till you are completely satisfied with the video.
Share your loop
As the last step, you can share the bouncing video you have made. To start with, move to the bottom right corner.
Either share the loop through your story or send it to your friends directly. All you need is to pick the “appropriate sharing option” that will be accessed for one complete day.
Hurray, you did it. Your shared loop is now ready to be watched by your Snapchat friends.
Other looping options
You may also want to explore some other loop features instead of creating a bounce feature. If this is the case, then you can try out other options as explained below:
Do you know that Snapchat users could easily use the “Limitless Snap” option before the discovery of the Bounce feature? When you tap on the “Infinity” icon, the “Limitless Snaps” option gets enabled immediately.
Choosing this option allows you to pick many snaps as you wish to add and play them all together as an extract of an unending loop.
A Regular Loop
Let’s say that you are not in the mood to opt for the Bounce option. It doesn’t restrict your options, as you can still try experimenting by looping your videos without incorporating the back-and-forth motion.
All those active users of Snapchat who have been using it for a long time must be familiar with this feature because this option was introduced before the bounce feature.
To experiment with a continuous loop, simply move toward the infinity icon and tap on it twice to activate the regular loop.
How to Customize Your Boomerang on Snapchat?
To make your snap more creative and interesting, you can add any text, link, or sticker; look for the options that are visible on the right side of your Snapchat bounce video. Tap on any of these icons that you want to add.
Let’s try understanding some of its icons in terms of their usage:
- Once you tap on the “T” icon, a text box will be added automatically, wherein you can type anything related to the video.
- In case you want to draw or write something on your own, tap on the “pen” icon.
- To add innovative and fascinating stickers, you can find a plethora of them by tapping on the “sticky note” icon.
- Lastly, the icon also plays a significant role. Once you tap on it, you will be allowed to add a URL to any webpage. Adding a link to your bounce video is the best way to influence the audience, as clicking on the link redirects the users to a specific webpage.
Hence, if you are an influencer or a marketer, utilizing this icon can help you reach a wider audience to whom you can also redirect to a desired webpage. All you are required to do is simply insert the URL within the text box and the top.
You can also experiment with the available functions to make your video more informative and interesting to watch. Using this way, you can prepare a perfectly revolving Snap.
Furthermore, you will be amazed to know that there is also an option to add music to your Snapchat stories so that they seem more intriguing to watch. This is the most attractive feature that can also be experimented with.
Is the “Bounce” Feature in Snapchat Available on Android?
Since the “Bounce” feature of Snapchat remains specifically exclusive to iOS devices, Android users can’t find this specification under their Snapchat tools. Unfortunately, those using Android devices can satisfy themselves with the Boomerang feature only that is available on Instagram.
Note: Though the Bounce feature is absent on Android devices, a similar video that looks like a bounce can still be published. However, you have to make an extra effort to do this. Refer to the steps as mentioned below:
Open the Instagram app.Create a boomerang video and save it on an Android device.Open Snapchat and upload that saved video there.
You will find that the Boomerang video looks precisely like a Snapchat Bounce.
I hope you got to know how to turn a video into a boomerang on Snapchat. I explained every crucial aspect of the topic so that nothing remains doubtful on your part and you don’t go dubious while you exit.
Lastly, I will suggest you try implementing the steps by yourself. Don’t worry if you get stuck in between because this tutorial can be referred to anytime whenever you need help.