Want to Recover Deleted Posts on Facebook? Here’s How You Can Do It!
There is this feature on Facebook that gives you the option to delete or you can say erase those posts that you no longer want to see. If you ask anybody, all will say it’s a useful feature and certainly, it is but, as a matter of fact, one can’t deny that it is often inconvenient when you accidentally delete the wrong post and want to recover it back.
In light of this context, though, you should know that accidentally or not— deleting Facebook content removes it from the app records, devices, and Facebook servers. But, of course, there are still some areas where the digital footprints remain embedded and that’s why it is somehow possible to rectify the mistake and recover the content.
Therefore, today in this following post, we’ll explain the possible methods to recover deleted posts on Facebook walls, pages, and groups.
So, if you accidentally deleted a Facebook post that you’ve posted to the Wall on your friend’s page or your own profile and now want to recover it then, this tutorial is for you.
With that said, let’s straight away get into it—
Possible Methods to Recover Deleted Posts on Facebook
The below-listed methods maybe not be suitable for everyone but you can try them all to check which works for you.
Method 1: Undelete Facebook Notification
- Step 1: First of all, of course ‘Sign-in’ to your Facebook account.
- Step 2: Once you get access to your account, straightaway navigate to the ‘Notification’ tab.
- Step 3: There, on the notification tab, simply look for any notification that you’ve received related to any of your deleted post. In case you received the notification, you need to just click/tap on that respective notification and undelete it.
Method 2: Find and Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
- Step 1: If you’re logged out of your Facebook account, make sure to Login first.
- Step 2: After you logged in to your account, go to Facebook’s ‘Settings.’
- Step 3: Inside settings, you need to simply scroll down and locate the ‘Download your Information’ option to click/tap on the same for creating a copy of your data.
- Step 4: Next, you can click/tap on the ‘Deselect All’ option and only tick the ‘Posts’ option if you want to retrieve your specific Facebook posts. In addition, you can also select a ‘Date Range’ as well i.e., from which date to when you want to recover your posts.
- Step 6: Upon doing so, just scroll down and click/tap the ‘Create File’ option for finally creating a copy of your Facebook post data that you’ve just selected.
- Step 7: Now, it will take some time to create a copy of your Facebook posts and once created, you’ll receive a notification of the same.
- Step 8: As soon as you receive the notification, click/tap on that notification to simply download the data from the ‘Available copies’ option.
- Step 9: After the file is downloaded, you can open it to find your deleted Facebook posts that you want to retrieve.
- Step 10: Once you’re able to find the posts you want to retrieve, you can simply just click/tap on ‘Restore the post’ option.
Method 3: Undelete the Data
- Step 1: Firstly, you’ve to ‘Sign in’ to your Facebook account in case if not already.
- Step 2: Then, navigate to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ section.
- Step 2: There, click/tap on the ‘Activity Log’ option.
- Step 3: Inside it, select the ‘Facebook Trash’ folder to open and there, see if any deleted Facebook posts are available or not.
In case, if there are posts available then, you need to simply click/tap on the ‘Restore’ option. However, if not, you should follow the above method only.
Method 4: Use Facebook’s Manage Activity Feature to Delete and Recover Posts
Until a year back, Facebook had strict privacy controls in place that prevented the retrieval of old or deleted Facebook posts. However, you should be glad to know that, last year Facebook launched a new feature called “Recycle Bin.” It works like the trash folder of any email service, or device (be it computer or mobile) and has the same function.
Now, the photos, posts, or albums that you have deleted due to any sort of reason let suppose a simple careless mistake, out of anger or in a fit of rage, and so on; they straightaway go in the ‘Recycle Bin’ and remains there for a total of 30 days before they get permanently deleted from the social network.
This means, after you delete your posts, you’ll have a specific period of time to restore your deleted posts.
However, it is worth noting that Facebook has also launched a “Manage Activity Tool” last year that allows you to delete as well as archive your Facebook posts in bulk, and only if you’ve used this feature of Facebook to delete a post, you get the option to retrieve the same within a period of 30 days, otherwise not!
[Note: This functionality of Facebook is currently available on the Facebook mobile app only.]
In simple words, the ‘Recycle Bin’ feature won’t work if you delete a post directly from your newsfeed. So, in order to use the ‘Recycle Bin’ feature of Facebook, you need to know how to use the ‘Manage Activity’ feature to delete and then recover a post.
- Step 1: Firstly, of course you need to Log in to your Facebook account (if logged out).
- Step 2: Once you logged in, navigate to your Facebook profile page. Or if you’re using the Facebook mobile app then, simply tap on ‘More (Three-dot) icon.’
- Step 3: Then, you’ve to simply locate and click/tap on the ‘Activity Log’ option.
- Step 4: Inside activity log, what all you require doing is click/tap on the ‘Manage Activity’ option.
- Step 5: Following that, click/tap on ‘Your Posts.’
- Step 6: As you do so, the list of all your posts will appear in front of you and from them, tap to select a ‘Post’ that you want to delete.
- Step 7: Once you’re done with your selection, click/tap on the ‘Move to Trash’ button.
- Step 8: In doing so, your post has been deleted from your timeline and moved to “Trash in Manage Activity.”
Now, in order to retrieve a post that you’ve deleted, what all you need to do is—
- Step 1: Repeat the aforementioned steps from 1 to 3 i.e., Login to your account and navigate to ‘More > Activity Log.’
- Step 2: Inside the activity log, you’ve to look at the top menu and click/tap on ‘Trash’ option from there.
- Step 3: Once you open the trash folder, you’ll see any of your posts that you’ve deleted within the past 30 days via ‘Manage Activity.’ So, from all the deleted posts, you can click/tap on that particular Facebook post of yours that you want to recover.
- Step 4: Following that, just click/tap on the ‘Restore’ button to make changes. After you do so, you’ll see that the selected post has been restored to your timeline.
In this way, you can use Facebook’s “Manage Activity” feature to delete as well as retrieve your posts.
How to Retrieve Deleted Post on Facebook Page & Group?
In a similar way you recover deleted posts of your Facebook timeline via method 2; if you want to recover accidentally deleted posts of your Facebook page and group then also, this method works wonders. So, to recover deleted posts on Facebook Page & Group, all you need to do is—just select the ‘Pages’ and ‘Groups’ options as well while following the “Step 4” of the second method.
How to Cancel Your Facebook Account Deletion?
Have you deleted your entire Facebook account? Well, if you delete your Facebook account then, probably you’ve also deleted all your Facebook posts and media.
However, if you’ve changed your mind and now want to salvage your content then let us tell you that in this case also, you’ve 30 days to undo the deletion process of your entire Facebook account and posts.
To cancel, follow these instructions—
- Step 1: First of all, login back to your Facebook account either via the mobile app or using the web browser.
[Note: It should be done within 30 days of initiation because you can’t recover a Facebook account in case you start the deletion process after 30 days.]
- Step 2: Once you logged in, navigate to ‘Settings.’
- Step 3: There, just select the ‘Cancel Deletion’ option and you’re done!
How to Delete Facebook Post to Recover Later?
In case, you don’t want a show a specific post on your timeline but at the same time, you think it can be useful in the future then, here’s what you can do—
- Step 1: Go to your Facebook Profile Page.
- Step 2: There, click/tap on the ‘Manage Posts’ option.
- Step 3: Inside it, select all those posts that you want to delete from your Facebook timeline.
- Step 4: Following that, click/tap on the ‘Next’ and then, you can choose ‘Hide Posts’ in the next window.
- Step 5: Once done, just make sure to hit the ‘Done’ button.
So, whenever you need such posts, you can use the same process to retrieve them in no real time.
Now, before we end this blog, we’ve listed some strategies that help you find deleted Facebook posts if none of the above methods works in your case. So, simply have a look at—
Alternative Ways to Find and Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
If your deleted posts are unrecoverable via these above methods or the 30 day period has passed to recover the deleted posts through Facebook then, you can use some other ways which can work around the issue. Basically, these are the workaround, you can try your hands on—
Check for Deleted Facebook Posts on Your Email
You can use this strategy to recover a deleted Facebook post in case you’ve enabled the email notification for your “specific” Facebook posts because then, the possibility of getting a copy of the deleted posts in your mailbox is there.
Open your email, try to remember some of the exact words from the Facebook post you’ve deleted and then, use an inbox search to find the same. Or, if you remember nothing of your Facebook post, you can simply search for the word “Facebook” word and go through all the emails related to it.
Check for Deleted Facebook Posts on Your Facebook Friends Emails
Similarly, it is also possible that some of your Facebook friends have had email notifications enabled and might have received an email notifications regarding your Facebook posts, especially those in which they’re tagged.
Considering that, it is a suggestion to request your friends to search their mail inbox to see if they can find any of your Facebook deleted posts and if you’re lucky enough you never know, you’ll find what you are looking for!
Create a Backup File
Last but not least, you can create a backup file to download your data from Facebook so that you can easily find the deleted posts and any other data that you want to recover.
To do so, refer to the above-mentioned [Second Method.]
Q: How to Recover/Retrieve Deleted Posts on Facebook?
A: To recover or retrieve the Facebook post you’ve deleted, navigate to ‘More Settings > Activity Log’ and then, tap on ‘Trash.’ In doing so, you’ll see any posts that are deleted within the past 30 days through the “Manage Activity” feature of Facebook. From the list of posts, select a post you want to recover and then, tap on ‘Restore.’
Q: How to Find Deleted Posts on Facebook?
A: Either you can use the ‘Download your Information’ option from Facebook Settings or, if you’ve enabled the email notification for your Facebook posts, you can ‘Check your Email’ to find deleted Facebook posts.
Q: How Can You Undelete A Post on Facebook?
A: Go to ‘Settings and Privacy’ option, select the ‘Activity Log’ option to open the ‘Facebook Trash’ folder and there, simply click/tap on the ‘Restore’ option to hopefully undelete a post on Facebook.
Q: How to Retrieve Old Facebook Data?
A: In order to retrieve old Facebook data, simply click at the top-right of any Facebook page and from the available options, select ‘Settings.’ Inside settings, click on ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’ located at the bottom of ‘General Account Settings’ and just select ‘Start My Archive.’
Q: How to See Friends Deleted Posts on Facebook?
A: Unfortunately, there is currently no way to gather deleted posts from another person’s wall because as per Facebook it is considered private data.
Q: How to find someone’s Deleted Facebook Pictures?
A: In case a normal person has deleted a picture from Facebook, neither he nor anyone can access the deleted pictures despite the fact, copies of Facebook deleted pictures from timeline, remain in the server’s forever.
However, there’s an exception and i.e., law enforcement agencies (if required) can definitely find all the information even after the Facebook picture or posts are deleted.
Q: How to Recover Deleted Posts on Facebook Groups?
A: Open ‘FacebookSettings,’ click on ‘Download your Information’ and select the ‘Groups’ option followed by clicking ‘Create Link.’ This way, a copy of Facebook Group posts will be downloaded. In that, you need to find the deleted posts and just click on ‘Restore the post’ option to simply recover deleted posts on Facebook Group.
Similarly, you can read the following posts related to Facebook:
- How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account? A Fully-Fledged Guide
- Facebook App is Not Working? The Best Corrective Guide is Here
- Want to Unlock a Locked Facebook Account? Know the Best Recovery Methods
- With This Guide, Recover Your Disabled/Suspended Facebook Account!
- Guide to Help You Log out of Facebook Messenger on Your Android/ iOS Device
- Thinking “Who viewed My Facebook profile”? Check This Guide Now