Solve the ‘ Tap to Load’ Problem in Snapchat with These 11 Ways
Snapchat has become a new trend among the youth as it has come out with a unique concept.
Unlike its competitors like Facebook and Instagram, it offers its users to share snaps among friends which disappear after a few seconds and not only that; it also has many other great features to attract new users to its platform on a regular basis.
Thus, no wonder why Snapchat is one of the top 10 apps in the world with 53.5 million downloads on the Play Store alone.
Although the Snapchat app is doing well, it is super popular all over the world; people love to use it to instantly connect with their friends, family and to portray their life through snaps, but recently it has been noticed that people are facing a strange problem with the platform.
Basically, users reported that there is a bug in Snapchat that shows “tap to load” issues in the app.
This is really very frustrating because Snapchat allows the user to view the snap only once and then, it automatically disappears.
So, being a Snapchat user, you might have faced the same problem on your respective [Windows, iOS or Android] device and now find it challenging to fix the Snapchat ‘tap to load’ glitch like others.
If so then you don’t have to worry! Well, because in this post, we’ll have a closer look at what is the Snapchat tap to load glitch and what are the possible ways to fix the Snapchat tap to load problem!
With that said, let’s get started—
What Exactly Is Snapchat ‘Tap to Load’ Error?
Snapchat has a default feature that lets users auto-download snaps to their devices instantly.
To be precise, you can automatically download the Snap to your device as soon as one of your friends uploads it. This means that when you click on the Snap to view it, Snapchat doesn’t take time to load it, and it will be ready to be seen without any delay. But, sometimes this default feature doesn’t work and when you start Snapchat it shows the “Tap to Load” error.
Encountering this simply indicates that now Snapchat no longer downloads snaps automatically, and instead you have to click the load button to download it manually.
Still, chances are your snaps aren’t loading properly, you can’t see pictures and videos in chats, or Snapchat won’t load stories or pictures in chat properly.
Reasons Why Snapchat ‘Tap to Load’ Error Occur?
This error may come due to various sorts of reasons like network issues, cache issues, phone memory issues and also due to issues like device permission settings.
However, because it is hard to tell which reason led to the “Tap to Load” problem, it is advised to use the below-mentioned solutions one by one for resolving this issue.
11 Quick Solutions to Get Rid of Snapchat ‘Tap to Load’ Problem
As it is clearly visible, there are several ways to fix Snapchat ‘tap to load’ error so, whenever you are not able to download snaps automatically; you can try any or all of these solutions –
Solution 1- Restart Your Device
When you use your device to run the Snapchat, sometimes the RAM consumption becomes high and the app doesn’t run properly which leads to a problem.
So, it is advised to restart or reboot your device because when you do so, RAM memory resets itself and then, if you run the Snapchat, it may work properly.
[Note: It is the easiest and one-step solution so prefer to go for it first.]
Here’s how you can do so—
- For Android Users: Press & hold the ‘Power’ button until you see the restart option. Then, just tap on the ‘Restart’ and your job is done.
- For iOS Users: Press & release the ‘Volume Up and Down Key.’ After that, press the ‘Power’ button until and unless the screen turns black.
Solution 2- Turn Off Snapchat Optimization
Device optimization is a new feature in most of the devices which puts some background apps to sleep so that they do not consume the RAM and battery for the better performance of the device.
So, if you have turned on the optimization for Snapchat then, this could be the reason why it shows the tap to load problem
Thus, to resolve this, you have to turn the battery optimization off for Snapchat. For that, you just require following the given steps—
- STEP 1: Go to the ‘Setting’ option of your device which can be found in the app drawer menu.
- STEP 2: Then, look for the ‘Application’ option and tap on it to open.
- STEP 3: This opens a list of all the apps which are installed in your device.
- STEP 4: From then, find the ‘Snapchat app’ and tap on it.
- STEP 5: Now, go to the ‘Battery optimization’ option and tap on the ‘Do not optimize’ to stop battery optimization of the Snapchat.
As, in many devices, doing this usually fixes ‘tap to load’ error so, hope this helps you too.
Solution 3 – Enable Your Snapchat Permission
Next, it might be possible that Snapchat did not get permission from your device’s storage, location and more.
So, because of this if Snapchat is not loading Snaps, Images and Stories on your device, then check to enable Snapchat permission.
[Note: This method works for both Android and iOS device users.]
To enable Snapchat permission, follow these steps—
- STEP 1: Open Snapchat app on your respective device.
- STEP 2: Then, tap on your ‘Profile.’
- STEP 2: Following that, tap on the ‘Setting gear icon’ which is located in the upper right corner side of the screen.
- STEP 3: Next, under the ‘Privacy’ section, tap on ‘Permission’ to expand it.
- STEP 4: Now, in that section, you just have to allow all the permission.
- STEP 5: Once done, simply close the app and reopen it to see if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 4 – Turn Off Data Saver
Beyond any shadow of doubt, turning the data saver on (that comes inbuilt in devices) helps you to save data as well as the battery of your device. But, this often leads to restricting your apps as well as the data used by those apps to run in the background.
That means, if you have turned Data Saver on then, due to this Snapchat on your device is unable to download snaps in the background and when you run the app it shows “Tap to Load” error.
So, in order to load content automatically in Snapchat again, you need to turn off this feature via following these steps:
- STEP 1: Go to ‘Settings’ of your respective device.
- STEP 2: Then, navigate to ‘Connections.’
- STEP 3: There, select the ‘Data Saver’ option to turn off the data saver on your device.
Though, as mentioned, the solution of this is to turn the data saver off but, if you’re an android user then, there is a privilege that you get an additional feature to turn off data saver for any particular app. And, based on your current scenario, that app is Snapchat.
So, to do this in Android, execute these steps—
- STEP 1: Firstly, as usual go to the ‘Settings’ of your device.
- STEP 2: Inside settings, tap on the ‘Apps’ option.
- STEP 3: Then, look for the Snapchat app.
- STEP 4: Once you’re able to locate it, just turn off the mobile data for Snapchat to see if that helps.
Solution 5 – Turn off the Battery Saver Mode
Similarly, if you have turned on the Battery Saver mode on your device, then it is worth noting that this also causes the Snapchat Tap to Load error. Wondering why? Well, it is because of the fact that data access in Battery saver mode is restricted for apps to save battery and to make it last for as long as possible.
Thus, bearing this as a reason in mind, you can turn off the battery saver mode to fix the tap to load error in Snapchat and here’s how you can do so—
- STEP 1: To turn the Battery saver mode off, you need to first open ‘Setting’ of your device.
- STEP 2: Then, scroll down the settings menu until you locate the ‘Battery’ option and tap on it.
- STEP 3: Under this section, what you’ve to do is tap either on the ‘Power Mode’ or ‘Battery Saver Mode.’
- STEP 4: Following that, just simply turn it ‘Off.’
Solution 6 – Clear Snapchat App Cache
When you surf the internet and open different websites or watch snaps, these snaps or pages are stored temporarily in your device in a cache folder. With time this temporary data stores a lot of memory on your device and due to this the available apps on your device app starts malfunctioning. So, this may happen to Snapchat also which leads to tap to load error.
Thus, to ensure that all your apps including Snapchat run without any issues, it is advisable to delete unnecessary junk from your device by clearing the cache.
However, you need not worry as it only removes the duplicate files and data. This means that your memory backup will not be deleted.
Having said that, you can clear the cache files from your device by following these given steps:
- STEP 1: Open the ‘Settings’ of your device by going to the app drawer menu.
- STEP 2: Inside the newly opened settings menu is given the ‘Apps’ option, and you’ve to tap on it.
- STEP 3: This opens the list of all the apps installed in your device including the preloaded apps.
- STEP 4: From the list of apps that appears, you have to look for the Snapchat app and when you’re able to locate it, just tap on it.
- STEP 5: As you do so, there comes an option of storage, and you’ve to tap on the ‘Storage’ option.
- STEP 6: Following that, tap on the ‘Clear Cache’ option to clear all the cache files.
There is another way to do this, go to the ‘Settings’ then, tap on ‘Account’ option and then, select the ‘Clear Cache’ option to clear the cache files of all the apps installed in your device.
Solution 7 – Check Your Wi-Fi | Mobile Network Connection
If clearing the cache also doesn’t help then, let us tell you that sometimes, Snapchat won’t load Snaps or Stories even because of a weak Wi-Fi connection.
So, considering that, it could be your Wi-Fi that is not providing enough connection to help you load Snaps, Stories and Images on Snapchat, you can restart your Wi-Fi router and see whether this helps or not.
To restart the Wi-Fi Router—
- Press and hold the ‘Small Button’ on the back of the router for 10 seconds, and you’re done.
[Note: Alternatively, if you are using a mobile data connection, tap ‘Airplane Mode’ for a minute and then turn it off.]
Solution 8 – Change Your Wi-Fi DNS (Domain Name System)
After checking your Wi-Fi connection, if it turns out that there is no problem, then it is probably your DNS that is not stable and causes issues like ‘Tap to Load’ in Snapchat.
So, if that’s the case, then what you can consider doing is to change your DNS to fix Snapchat not working or Snap’s not loading issue.
However, it is worth noting that the process to change Wi-Fi DNS only works on certain devices, that too for some users. So, you definitely have to give it a try to check if it might work for you as well.
To change your Wi-Fi DNS, follow these given steps—
- STEP 1: Open your respective mobile ‘Settings app.’
- STEP 2: Inside settings, tap on the ‘Connection’ section and then, on your ‘Wi-Fi.’
- STEP 3: From your Wi-Fi, choose the ‘Advanced’ option.
- STEP 4: As you do so, the ‘IP Settings’ section will open in front of you and in that, just change DHCP to Static.
- STEP 5: Following that, on DNS 1, what you need to do is remove the already written IP and instead, type 184.108.40.206.
- STEP 6: Similarly, on DNS 2, make sure to type 220.127.116.11.
- STEP 7: Once you’ve done that, just ‘Save’ the made changes.
Solution 9 – Delete the Snapchat Conversation
Another way is to clear all your conversations from Snapchat if your Snaps, Images or Stories aren’t loading properly.
[Note: Clearing Snapchat conversations will not remove your saved or sent messages from any conversations.]
So, if you consider doing it then, these are the steps to be followed—
- STEP 1: Firstly, open the Snapchat application on your phone
- STEP 2: Then, navigate to your ‘Profile.’
- STEP 3: Once your Snapchat Profile opens, tap on the ‘Setting gear icon’ you see there.
- STEP 4: Now, from settings menu, tap on the ‘Privacy’ section and inside it, locate the ‘Clear Conversation’ option to tap on it.
- STEP 5: Once you’ve done that, tap on the ‘Cross mark on your friend’ with which you’re facing the issues and then, just tap on ‘Clear.’
Solution 10 – Remove and Re-add Your Snapchat Friends
In addition to clearing up conversations, you can also delete and re-add your Snapchat friends to fix tap to load problems that occur in Snapchat, as in some cases, this actually does the job.
But, in this regard, remember that, deleting and re-adding your Snapchat friends will also delete all previously received and sent snaps from your account.
So if you don’t have any problem with this, then follow the steps given below to apply this solution-
- STEP 1: Go to your Snapchat application.
- STEP 2: Then, open your profile by tapping on the ‘Profile icon.’
- STEP 3: From your profile, tap on the ‘My Friends’ section.
- STEP 4: Now, from your friends list, select the person whose photos, snaps or stories you have trouble opening or vice versa.
- STEP 5: After doing this, just tap on the ‘Three-dot line’ and select the ‘Remove Friend’ option.
Alternatively, you can even tap and hold the specific person and choose the ‘Remove Friend’ option directly.
- STEP 6: Once you remove your friend, be sure to add them again to see if that helps.
Solution 11 – Update | Re-install the Snapchat Application
Last not least, if none of the above listed methods worked in your case, and you are still facing this issue then, it is probably the Snapchat app that is causing the problem because either you haven’t updated it or it is not installed correctly.
To be precise, maybe your Snapchat app is out of date and needs a newer version or has some bugs. However, no matter what the problem is, consider updating | reinstalling your Snapchat app if it is showing ‘Tap to load’ issue.
To update the Snapchat app, follow these steps—
- STEP 1: Open the Google Play Store on your Android or App Store if you’re an iOS user.
- STEP 2: Then, navigate to your ‘Profile icon’ in the top-right corner of the screen.
- STEP 3: Next, tap on the ‘Manage apps and device.’
- STEP 4: Following that, tap on the ‘Updates Available’ option.
- STEP 5: There, check if Snapchat application is on the list or not.
- STEP 6: If it is there in the list, then just tap on the ‘Update’ button given alongside it.
To re-install the Snapchat app, follow these steps instead—
- STEP 1: Begin by deleting the Snapchat application from your phone.
- STEP 2: Then, open the Google Play Store if you’re an Android user or App Store in case of iPhone user.
- STEP 3: Now, search for the latest version of Snapchat and once you get it, re-download and install the app on your respective device, to be able to enjoy Snapchat without any errors.
That’s all! We have covered all the possible solutions to fix the Snapchat load issue. So, hopefully trying them out can help you solve Snapchat not loading snaps, stories, and pictures in chat issues.
However, if you still see that the Snapchat load issue exists, then you should contact the Snapchat customer support team for further assistance.
Once this problem gets solved, you can next read: Learn Here the Process to Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat’s both iOS and Android App!