A Guide on How to See Posts You’ve Liked on Instagram?
Have you ever scrolled through your Instagram feed and stumbled upon a post you loved but couldn’t find it again afterwards, don’t worry, you’re not alone!
Luckily, the good news is that there is a simple guide to seeing all the posts you’ve liked on Instagram and in this article, we’ll show you how to do just that.
So, let’s dive into the details—
- Posts You’ve Liked on Instagram: An Introduction
- Can You See Everything You’ve Liked on Instagram?
- How to See Liked Posts on Instagram?
- How to See Someone Else’s Liked Posts on Instagram?
- How to Sort and Filter Liked Instagram Posts?
- How to Find and Unlike Instagram Posts You’ve Liked on Instagram?
- What Are Other Ways to Save Instagram Posts Without Liking Them?
Posts You’ve Liked on Instagram: An Introduction
Along with allowing users to share photos, videos, and stories with their followers, Instagram also provides a feature that allows users to like posts that they find interesting or engaging, and even repost IG stories.
When users browse through their feed and come across posts that catch their eye, they can simply tap the ‘Like’ button to show their appreciation or support.
But you must have wondered what happens to all those posts that you have liked on Instagram? With so many posts being shared daily, it can be easy to lose track of what you’ve liked in the past.
However, not really! Instagram offers a convenient feature that allows users to see all the posts they’ve liked in one place.
By accessing the ‘Posts You’ve Liked’ section on Instagram, users can scroll through all the posts they’ve liked over time.
This can be a useful feature for people who want to revisit their favourite posts or who want to keep track of their online activity. Not only that, it can also be helpful for discovering new accounts to follow, as users can see what types of content they’ve engaged with in the past.
All in all, irrespective of whether you’re looking to relive old memories or explore new content, the ‘Posts You’ve Liked’ feature on Instagram provides a fun and easy way to browse through your online activity.
Can You See Everything You’ve Liked on Instagram?
It’s impossible to see everything you’ve liked recently on Instagram but, you can view your 300 most recently liked posts.
However, the question arises how? So, let’s find the answer in the next section!
How to See Liked Post on Instagram?
If you wonder how to see liked posts on IG then, first let us mention that you can see the posts you like on Instagram only in the app and there is no such feature to search and view them in the browser version.
On that note, to see posts you’ve liked on Instagram, follow these steps—
[Note: The steps on how to look at liked posts on Instagram are actually the same on iPhone and Android, but the UI may differ slightly between phones.]
- Step 1: Launch the ‘Instagram app’ on your respective iPhone or Android device and log into your account if not already).
- Step 2: Then, go to your ‘Profile’ and tap the ‘Hamburger menu’ located in the top-right corner.
- Step 4: After that, what you’ve to do is select ‘Your Activity’ from the settings menu that appears.
- Step 5: When your activity menu comes up, you’ve to tap ‘Interactions’ from the list.
- Step 6: From the interactions menu, tap the ‘Likes’ option.
- Step 7: As you do so, your 300 most recently liked posts will appear on the next screen. There, you can tap any one of the ‘Thumbnails’ to view the post in full from the user’s feed.
Alternatively, in the most updated version of Instagram, the steps to see the posts that you have liked on Instagram may be slightly different. Have a look—
- Step 1: Open the ‘Instagram app’ and tap on your ‘Profile Picture’ in the bottom right corner of the screen to go to your profile.
- Step 2: From the profile page, tap on the ‘Three horizontal lines’ located in the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Step 3: After that, select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Step 4: Next, you’ve to tap on ‘Account’.
- Step 5: Now, just tap on ‘Posts You’ve Liked’ to view all the posts that you have liked on Instagram.
Note here that only you can see your saved and liked posts on Instagram. So, if you want to share them with your followers, you need to add them or their link to your link in the bio page.
Also, Read This to Know: How to Add a link to Your Instagram Bio?
How to See Someone Else’s Liked Posts on Instagram?
Whereas, in the Activity tab (the heart-shaped button) on the Instagram home screen, you can see when friends post and interact with your posts, but note that when they like other people’s posts, you will not receive the alert.
However, there is still a way! If you want to see what someone else has liked, you have to manually go to the related post and see if that person has liked it or not! This means, exploring individual posts and checking their likes– is the only way to determine if someone (your friends) has liked it or not.
How to Sort and Filter Liked Instagram Posts?
Sorting liked posts allows you to find the one you’re looking for easily, other than finding an Instagram account using IP address. But, if you thought it would be difficult to sort through the Instagram posts you’ve liked before, know that when you initially open the Like menu, Instagram sorts posts from newest to oldest.
Although it’s not a hard and fast rule, if you want to sort the posts you like in a different order, you can!
So, here are the steps to sort and filter liked Instagram posts—
- Step 1: On the page of liked Instagram posts, tap ‘Sort & Filter’ located at the top.
- Step 2: As you do this, a menu will appear that offers different sorting options for your choice. For example, you can sort by ‘oldest to newest, by author, by start and by end date.’
- Step 3: Once you’re done, tap the ‘Reset and Apply’ buttons to return to recent posts sorted from newest to oldest.
Moving on, it is also worth noting that you can also un-like the posts that you have liked in bulk and you will get to know how in the section below.
How to Find & Unlike Instagram Posts You’ve Liked on Instagram?
If you want to unlike some Instagram posts that you have liked by mistake, then you’ve to follow these simple steps to find and un-like those Instagram posts that you liked earlier—
- Step 1: Open the ‘Instagram app’ on your respective mobile device.
- Step 2: Then, tap on your ‘Profile Picture’ in the bottom right corner of the screen to access your profile.
- Step 3: After that, tap the ‘Three horizontal lines’ in the top right corner of the screen to access the Instagram menu.
- Step 4: Inside the menu, scroll down and tap on ‘Settings’ option located at the bottom.
- Step 5: From Instagram settings, tap on ‘Account’ and select ‘Posts You’ve Liked’ option.
- Step 6: Here, you will see a list of all the posts you’ve liked on Instagram and you’ve to scroll through the same to ‘Find the Post’ that you want to un-like.
- Step 7: Once you’ve found the post, tap on the same to ‘Open’ it.
- Step 8: Now, tap the ‘Heart’ icon underneath the post and this will remove your like from the post.
That’s it. The post will no longer appear in your ‘Posts You’ve Liked’ list.
Note: You can repeat these steps for any other posts you want to unlike on Instagram.
In this regard, remember that ‘unlike a post’ will not notify the user who posted it, but if they check their notifications before you unlike the post, they may still see that you’ve liked the post.
What are Other Ways to Save Instagram Posts Without Liking Them?
While liking Instagram posts is a common way to save them for future reference, there are other methods also that you can use to save posts without actually liking them. So, here are discussed those methods—
- Save to Collection: Instagram allows users to create collections, which are essentially folders where you can save posts you want to revisit later. So, in order to create a collection and save posts there, you need to tap and hold the ‘Bookmark icon’ below the post you want to save, and then, select ‘Add to Collection.’ Now, from there, you can choose an existing collection or create a new one.
- Share to Instagram DM: You can also save a post by sharing it with you via Instagram Direct Message. To do this, you need to tap on the ‘Paper airplane icon’ at the bottom of the post, then select ‘Send to’ and then, select your ‘Account.’ Doing so will send the post to your DMs, where you can easily find it later.
- Use a Third-Party App: There are many third-party apps available including Repost for Instagram, InstaSave, and Later that allow you to save Instagram posts without need of actually liking them. However, these third-party apps usually require you to ‘Create an account’ and ‘link it’ to your Instagram account, but you won’t regret it. Well, because they offer additional features like organizing your saved posts or scheduling reposts.
However, no matter which method you choose, it’s always a good idea to respect the original poster’s content and intentions when saving their post.
And, most importantly, always give credit where credit is due and ask permission before reposting or sharing content that isn’t your own.
That’s it! Viewing the posts you’ve liked on Instagram is a simple process and hopefully by now you know how you can view a list of your 300 most recent likes using the steps above.
Ans: This can only be done by accessing your ‘Account Settings’ in the Instagram app.
Ans: The ‘Following Activity’ feed no longer exists so you have to go to the post and tap ‘Others’ to see everyone who liked it.
Ans: If you want to view the likes on Instagram, simply open the ‘Instagram app’ and navigate to the ‘Post’ you want to check. There, beneath the post, you’ll see a ‘Heart icon’ and a ‘Number’ (indicating how many people have liked the post). So, you need to tap on the ‘Heart icon’ to see a list of all the users who have liked the post and also on the ‘Number’ to see how many likes the post has received in your feed, as well as search in results and in other areas of the app.
Ans: It is possible to hide likes on Instagram on a per-post basis through the ‘Advanced Settings’ menu.
Ans: To unlike a liked Instagram post, tap the ‘Select’ button at the top then, tap each ‘Post’ you don’t want, and after that, tap the ‘Unlike’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Ans: No! You can only see the posts that you have liked on your own account, not those that other users have liked. Also, Instagram only shows you the 300 most recent posts that you have liked, so if you have liked more than 300 posts, you may not be able to see all of them.
Ans: To check liked posts on Instagram, tap on your ‘Profile Picture’ in the bottom right corner, then tap the ‘Three horizontal lines’ in the top right corner, after that select ‘Settings,’ tap on ‘Account,’ and select ‘Posts You’ve Liked.’
Ans: No, Instagram does not currently offer a way to filter your liked posts by date or time period. This means, you can only view all the posts you’ve liked in chronological order.
Ans: No. You need to note that liking a post on Instagram is a private action, so other users will not be notified when you like their post. However, yes, they can see that you liked their post if they check their notifications before you unlike the post.
Ans: Yes. You can see who has liked your posts on Instagram by viewing the list of likes under each individual post. However, you can’t see a comprehensive list of all the posts someone has liked on Instagram.
Ans: In order to find your own likes on Instagram, tap on your ‘Profile Picture’ and access your profile. Then, tap the ‘Three horizontal lines’ in the top right corner to access the Instagram menu. After that, select ‘Settings,’ then ‘Account,’ and then, ‘Posts You’ve Liked’ from the menu. Now, here you can see a list of all the posts you have liked on Instagram so, to find likes on someone else’s profile, simply navigate to their ‘Profile,’ select a ‘Post’ and tap on the ‘Heart icon’ to see a list of users who have liked the post.
Ans: In order to unlike a post on Instagram, go to the ‘Posts You’ve Liked’ section from account settings. There, find the post you want to unlike, ‘Open’ it, and tap the ‘Heart’ icon beneath the post to remove your like.
Next, Read: How to Repost a Story on Instagram?