Here is How to Get Disabled, Hacked or Deleted Instagram Account Back!
No-brainer like Facebook, Instagram is also one of the social media applications that is now so popular that millions of people from all across the world use it to share stories, pictures, reels and more to get engaged with their followers.
So, if you also use Instagram, chances are you’re well aware of just how everything seems fun until you’re able to use your account and not when you lose access to it, right!
Hence, if you’re unable to access your Instagram account and wondering what happened to it, how you would recover it back then, luckily you’ll get all your answers here even those which you may not have even thought of!
Basically, through this guide, we’ve tried our best to help Instagram users like you to deal with any of these issues—
- Instagram disabled my account for no reason.
- Instagram banned my account.
- Instagram deleted my account for no reason.
- Someone hacked my Instagram account &
- I am having trouble recovering my Instagram account.
So, if you fall in one of the categories of problems listed above then, we understand what sort of situation you must be going through and thus, let’s just straightaway dive into the details—
Before getting into the main part of regaining access to your Instagram account, it is necessary to confirm on first basis whether your case is “Disabled Instagram Account, or a Hacked, or Deleted Instagram Account” because accordingly you’ve to follow the below-given procedure.
Case 1: Disabled Instagram Account
Lately, it has been noticed that Instagram is disabling many individual or community accounts also called hubs, for apparently no reason. So, maybe you’re one of them. However, still you’ve to find out whether you belong to this ‘Disabled Instagram account’ category or not!
How to Identify a Disabled Instagram Account?
If your respective account has been disabled by Instagram then, you’ll see an error message saying that “Your Instagram account is disabled” during when you try to log in to your account.
Now, once you’re confirmed that your case is a disabled Instagram account, you must be wondering ‘Why Instagram Disabled My Account’ right so, let’s move further to know the reasons why your Instagram account has been disabled!
What Are the Common Grounds on Which An Instagram Account Is Disabled?
Albeit, the main concern with Instagram is that they usually don’t provide you the exact reason why they’ve disabled your Instagram account! To be precise, Instagram never apprise you of the ‘Policy or T&C’ that you’ve violated, and instead they will say like:
|Your Instagram account has been disabled for violating Instagram Legal T&Cs: http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/.|
So, because they won’t say which term you’ve violated particularly, you’re left with guessing work like ‘What did you do wrong’ that you’re locked out of your Instagram account!
However, the good news is that you can have enough idea of reasons why your Instagram account got disabled via looking at this quick rundown of some common grounds on which Instagram suspends accounts from their social media platform—
|Faking Identity: If someone lodges a report against you that you’re impersonating to be someone else on Instagram.|
|Copyright Infringement: If you’re sharing images or such content that you don’t own or took from other people without their permission.|
|Violating the Instagram Terms and Conditions: If you’re intentionally or unintentionally violating the Instagram T&Cs that ranges from promoting products without using the hashtag (#ad), buying fake followers, using your Instagram account for scamming or anything that the AI-powered algorithm of Instagram finds strange with your account.|
|Uploading/Posting Controversial Content: If you’re posting any sensitive, political or adult content that includes nudity, Hate speech, racism, violence, profanity and exploiting minors etc.|
Having read this, you just need to remind yourself about the recent activities you’ve done on your Instagram profile like whether you’ve posted any copyright-protected videos, photos posted, or any bad content anywhere. In doing so, you’ll probably get to know the reason why your Instagram account got disabled!
However, no matter what, it isn’t too complicated to get back your ‘Personal or Business’ Instagram account if it’s been disabled.
How Can I Get My Personal Instagram Back after Being Disabled?
Luckily, you can recover your personal IG account back to not at all lose your valuable messages, years of pictures and videos, available in your Instagram profile via using either of the following two methods—
Method 1: Appealing on the Instagram (Mobile) App
- Step 1: Open Instagram app on your respective mobile device.
- Step 2: Then, try to log in to your Instagram account.
- Step 3: As you do so, the Instagram app will show you a pop-up error message that reads—‘Your Account Has Been Disabled.’
- Step 4: Now, all what you’ve to do is look at that message because under that message, there’s an option ‘Learn More’ which you’ve to select.
- Step 5: In doing so, you’ll get the ‘Appeal’ option or ‘Request Review’ option and you’ll have to select the same.
- Step 6: After that, all you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions to submit your details for appealing on the mobile Instagram app in regards to your disabled Instagram account.
Method 2: Submitting the Official Appeal Form
- Step 1: In order to initiate the personal IG account recovery process, simply visit this link to reach onto the Instagram Help Center page.
- Step 2: On reaching there, you’ve to start looking for the ‘Deactivated Account’ option and once you’re able to do so, tap on the same.
- Step 3: In doing so, an Appeal Form will open in front of you, and you’ve to enter in it the appropriate information needed.
- Step 4: In addition, you’ve to select whether you’ve a valid Government-issued Photo ID like password, pan card, driving license, etc.
[Note: Albeit, you need to have to compulsorily send any Government-issued ID but, it is highly recommended that you must send your respective ID to Instagram so that you get a higher chance of recovering back your account.]
- Step 5: Once you’ve filled the form with all the necessary details and attached documents, you can then hit the ‘Send’ button to submit it to Instagram—who will usually take around 24-48 hours to respond back to you. So, until then wait patiently.
How to Recover My Business Instagram Account after Being Disabled?
Let us tell you that, recovering a Business Instagram account is as quick as recovering a Personal Instagram account. So, if your business account instead of personal account got disabled then, just simply follow these below-given steps—
- Step 1: First and foremost, go to the Instagram Help Center on your respective mobile device. For that, here’s the direct link.
- Step 2: There, on the Instagram help center, what you’ve to do is look for the ‘Business Deactivated Account’ option.
- Step 3: Following that, you need to select whether you’ve any valid proof of Business Ownership and Government-issued Photo ID for instance: Passport, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Driver’s License, etc.
- Step 4: Once you’re done with the ID selection, you’ve to fill out the Form that opens with the following details—
- Full Name
- Your Instagram Username
- Your Email
- Your Mobile Number
- Please Tell Why You’re Appealing the Decision to Permanently Deactivate This Instagram Account
- Step 5: In addition, provide the associated documents and when you finish doing so, simply press the ‘Send’ button.
[Note: In case of recovering a social media business account, you’ll require documents such as a government ID and proof of business ownership along with the same individual that is in the documents provided. Besides that, you need to make sure that you’ve an email in the documentation provided to let them put that email as an admin.]
How to Retrieve Instagram Account Back without Facebook or Email ID?
Whether you know or not, the option to retrieve your Instagram account back with an email or Facebook is only available for those users who use the latest versions of the Instagram application. So, it is necessary to always use the latest version of the Instagram app by updating it regularly on your phone.
However, if you forget doing so and are still using the older version of Instagram app then, you are left with no option to recover your disabled Instagram account without an email or Facebook.
For that, you need to execute the following steps—
[Note: It is worth noting that, you can only use this method if you’ve added a real phone number during your Instagram, account creation, and still have access to the same.]
- Step 1: Begin by opening the Instagram Password Recovery screen.
- Step 2: There on the password recovery screen, just enter your ‘Registered Phone Number.’
- Step 3: Now, when you finish entering your phone number on the password recovery screen and hit the ‘Continue’ button, you’ll receive an ‘SMS’ containing a link that helps you to recover your Instagram account’s password.
- Step 4: Upon receiving the SMS/Text from Instagram, you need to make sure that you follow the on-screen available simple instructions so that you’ll have your Instagram account recovered.
How to Contact Facebook Support to Recover Instagram Account?
This is one of the full-proof methods that will work for those users who needed to get their business account repossessed by someone.
[Note: This method works mostly for business accounts, but you can use this for personal accounts as well.]
- Step 1: As said, to use this method, you will need to have a Business Instagram account. However, if you don’t have one you make a new account (for this, you can refer to the last section of this blog) and then, switch it over to a business account.
- Step 2: Once you’ve created a new account, ensure making that newly made account alive by posting some pictures, a simple bio, and also by adding a profile picture, etc.
- Step 3: Now, with your newly made ‘Business IG Account’ you’ve to run an ad. To do so, you can select one of your posts and ‘Promote’ it. However, before you do so, you’ll need to connect your IG to your FB Account otherwise; you won’t be able to run an ad.
- Step 4: As you connect them, it automatically creates a FB Ad Manager account.
- Step 5: Once you’ve started promoting your ad, you need to let it run for a few hours until it has some statistics because only then, you’re good to go to recover your Instagram account back. However, if it doesn’t have enough statistics then, let your ad run till it gains some.
Nevertheless, after trying all the methods listed above, if you’re still not able to recover your disabled Instagram account then, consider recovering it the hard way—
The Ultimate Solution: How to Recover Your Instagram Account?
[Note: This method seems to work for those who’re already encountering trouble recovering their Instagram accounts. In fact, it should work even for those who had their Instagram account disabled for the second time.]
- Step 1: To initiate this ultimate process of recovering your Instagram account, visit this “https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083” link using the browser of your choice.
- Step 2: On reaching there, you’ve to simply fill out your information that you’re prompted to enter.
- Step 3: Following that provides a working email address which you’ve access to.
- Step 4: Once you’re done with form completion, you’ll receive a verification code on the same email address that you’ve provided.
- Step 5: Now, you can either take a selfie or visit Fiverr and buy it from someone.
- Step 6: Upon doing so, wait around 1-4 weeks for responses on your Instagram account to be reactivated or not.
Hopefully, this way you’ll be able to reactivate your Instagram account for real.
[Note: Additionally, there are also slight chances that you might have yourself or anyone who has access to your device have ‘Temporarily Deactivated your Instagram Account’ without your knowledge. If so, you can simply log back in on any of your devices and your Instagram account will automatically be reactivated.]
Now, besides deactivation of Instagram accounts, it is worth noting that the instances of hacked or deleted Instagram accounts are also on the rise. So, considering that, we’ve also explained about the same. Have a look—
Case 2: Hacked Instagram Account
If you suspect that your Instagram account has been hacked instead of being disabled then also worry not because what you simply can do is report about your Hacked account.
How to Report Your Instagram Account as Hacked?
You can report to Instagram and get your hacked account back in few easy steps mentioned-below—
- Step 1: Firstly, head towards the Instagram Support Center.
- Step 2: On reaching the Instagram Help Center, you’ve to select ‘Privacy, Protection & Security Center.’
- Step 3: As you select the Privacy & Safety option, you’ll be taken to a ‘Menu’ from which you’ll have to select the ‘Report Something’ option.
- Step 4: Following that, you need to find where it says “What can I do if someone is impersonating me on Instagram” and when you’re able to do so, click on the same.
- Step 5: Now, you will see a link that reads “Fill out this form.” Or else, you can click this link to take yourself directly to the form.
- Step 6: As the form opens, fill it out completely and while doing so make sure everything that you’re entering is accurate.
- Step 7: Once you’ve filled the form, you’ll be further prompted from Instagram to ‘Send’ them your Government issued ID and other relevant information.
Now, when you’re done providing your ID and other required information to Instagram, wait for around 48-72 hours to hear back this— “Your Instagram account is retrieved” news from them.
Case 3: Deleted Instagram Account
Last but not least, if your Instagram account is neither disabled nor hacked then you never know, maybe it is deleted from Instagram’s social media platform.
In regard with this, it is worth mentioning that, you cannot reactivate or recover your account again if you or someone else has deleted it permanently. To be precise, the deletion process is permanent and cannot be reversed.
So, instead of wasting your time in recovering a deleted Instagram account, you will need to create another account entirely using the same email address or phone number.
How to Create an Instagram Account?
In order to create a new account on Instagram, you need to execute these simple steps—
- Step 1: On your respective Android or iPhone device, make sure to first download the Instagram app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Step 2: Once the app gets downloaded, do follow the on-screen instructions to install it successfully on your phone.
- Step 3: Following that, open the Instagram app that you’ve just installed.
- Step 4: As you do so, you’ll have a ‘Sign up’ screen in front of you, and you’ll have to simply tap on the ‘Sign up with email or phone number’ option.
- Step 5: Once you’ve done that, you’re then prompted to enter your current email ID. So, simply provide the same and in addition to that, you also need to enter a ‘Username’ and a ‘Password’ for your Instagram account.
- Step 6: After that, add some additional information such as ‘Bio and Profile Picture’ for your Instagram profile.
- Step 7: Once done, tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- Step 8: Now, if you’ve selected to login with Facebook then, you’ve to also enter your ‘Facebook Account Details’ in the end to finally create your new Instagram account.
That’s all! Hopefully with the help of this guide, you face no problem retrieving or recovering your Personal or Business Instagram account back irrespective of the fact –it’s disabled, hacked, suspended or deleted.
Similarly, read: With this Guide, Recover your Disabled/ Suspended Facebook Account!