Android TV Setup Guide—3 Methods to Set up an Android TV Explained
- Android TV: Pre-Setup Requirements
- Android TV Initial Setup Process
- Android TV Setup: Methods Selection
- Method 1: Steps to Set-up an Android TV Using an Android Phone
- Method 2: Steps to Set-up an Android TV Using ‘androidtv.com/setup’ on Computer/ Other Phone
- Method 3: Steps to Set-up an Android TV Using the Remote
Knowing that, “Android TVs” not only offers you access to a lot of applications and multimedia streaming services, but also to Android apps and games on the big screen, if you’ve got yourself a brand-new Android TV and need to set up from scratch then, you’ve come to the right place!
In this guide, we’ve discussed everything you’ll need to know about the Android TV setup process. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the details of how you can set up your new Android TV and get started with it—
Android TV: Pre-Setup Requirements
Before you begin, you need to make a note of a few things that you will need while you initiate the process of setting up your Android TV. To be precise, you’ve to make sure that you fulfill the following requirements in advance:
- A Strong and Secure Wi-Fi Internet Connection
- A Google Account
However, if your TV doesn’t have Android TV built-in then, you’ll need the following:
- An external Android TV device
- One HDMI cable (that is usually provided within the box)
- One TV or Monitor with HDMI ports and support of High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
Now, once you have met all these prerequisites, you are ready to start the process of setting up your new Android TV.
In this regard, it is also worth mentioning that there are a total of three ways you can set up your Android TV and i.e., using your Android phone, using your Android TV remote, and/or using your computer.
About them, we’ll discuss later in detail. Right now, what you’ve to do is complete the initial setup of your Android TV
However, if you’ve already completed the initial set up of your Android TV then, you can simply jump straight onto the sections discussed thereafter.
Android TV Initial Setup Process
In order to complete the initial setup process, what simply you need to do is “turn on Your Android TV and Pair the Remote.”
As every Android TV available out there has a different process for pairing up a remote, so this is what your initial step would be! You’ll have to turn on your Android TV and pair the remote with the same.
[Note: Most of the Android remotes by default use an IR connection to only turn on/off your Android device. This means, for every other feature, it requires a Bluetooth connection instead.]
Luckily, the process of pairing your Android TV with its remote is as simple as following these steps below—
- Step 1: Turn “ON” your Android TV or Monitor that you have attached to your Android TV device.
- Step 2: Then, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions as prompted. In doing so, you’ll be able to pair your remote.
- Step 3: Once the remote gets connected to your Android TV; you’ll see a checkmark on the screen to notify you about the same.
Android TV Setup: Methods Selection
Now, when you’ve paired your Android TV with its remote, you’ll get the option to set up your Android TV.
For that, you can make a choice from any of the following three methods;
- Method 1: You can use your Android phone or tablet. Selecting this method will help you transfer all your account and network details from your Android device to your Android TV in just a few simple clicks.
- Method 2: You can also use your computer device or another phone to set up your Android TV. In this, you’ll need to perform the configuration with ‘androidtv.com/setup.’
- Method 3: If you want you can even use the Remote instead of your Android phone or tablet or other mobile or computer to complete the setup.
Now, based on your selection of methods, you’ve to check out the respective instructions for the same as we’ve mentioned the detailed step-by-step instructions for all the three different methods below.
Steps to Set-up an Android TV Using an Android Phone
If you want to use an Android device to setup your Android TV then, to do this, you can simply follow these given steps—
- Step 1: Turn on your Android TV and when it says “Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?” you’ve to select the ‘Yes’ option using your remote.
- Step 2: Then, you’ve to open the pre-installed ‘Google App’ on your Android phone.
- Step 3: In that, what you simply have to do is type or say “Setup my device.”
- Step 4: Upon doing so, you need to follow the on-screen instructions on your Android phone until you see a code.
[Note: You must ensure that the same code shows up on your Android TV as well.]
- Step 5: After you ensure that both your TV screen and your phone screen show the same code, you can click on ‘Next.’
- Step 6: Now, you have to tap the ‘Name of your Android TV’ when it shows up on your phone.
- Step 7: Once you’ve done that, you need to further follow the ‘On-screen prompts’ that appear on your Android TV to finally finish the setup process.
For instance the followings—
- Select the Wi-Fi network that your Android TV will connect to.
- Allow/ Authorize Google to copy the Wi-Fi network from your mobile phone to your Android TV device.
- Select your respective Google account that you’ll use with your new Android TV.
- Accept the terms & conditions on your Android TV device.
As you do so, Google will set up your Android TV with your data. However, that’s not it!
Once the process is complete, your Android TV will probably suggest you with some apps to install. If you want you can either select the desired applications on ‘Google Play’ to install, or you can click on ‘Skip’ to avoid making a selection for the time being.
However, overall this is the entire process of how you can set up your Android TV using your Android device (phone or tablet).
Steps to Set-up an Android TV Using ‘androidtv.com/setup’ on Computer/ Other Phone
Albeit, you’ve already seen in Method 1 that installing the Android TV setup with an Android phone/tablet is not at all difficult. But, at the same time you also don’t have to worry about the configuration process of setting up Android TV with a computer or other phone.
The process for the latter also is very simple to execute as Google has provided a “Website” that facilitates the process and to access the same—all you will need is a computer or other mobile phone “Browser.”
With that said, let’s have a look how you can setup your Android TV using “androidtv.com/setup” on a computer/other phone—
- Step 1: On your Android TV’s start screen when this “Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?” appears, you need to use your remote and select the ‘Skip’ option.
- Step 2: Then, select the “Wi-Fi connection” to connect your Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone or computer device.
- Step 3: After that, you’ve to tap on the ‘Sign in with your Google account’ option.
- Step 4: Next, choose “Use phone or computer” to avoid typing with your Android TV’s remote control.
- Step 5: Now, you have to open a web browser on your respective computer’s desktop or mobile phone and using that browser, go to ‘androidtv.com/setup.’
- Step 6: In doing so, a code will appear on your Android television screen, and you’ll have to write that received ‘Code’ in the desired place on your computer/mobile device.
- Step 7: Once you’re done entering the code, move onto ‘Sign in to the browser with your Google account’ and this will be transferred to your Android TV.
Steps to Set-up an Android TV Using the Remote
Quite similar to the above methods, if you wish you can use the given steps to set up your Android TV using your remote—
- Step 1: When you turn on your Android TV and it says “Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?” then, you’ve to use your remote to choose ‘Skip’ for this option.
- Step 2: Following that, you’ve to connect your Android TV to ‘Wi-Fi.’
- Step 3: As you do so, you might need to wait for your Android TV system to update.
- Step 4: Once the system gets updated, choose ‘Sign in with your Google account’ and as you do not have a browser at hand, use your ‘Remote’ to connect/login from the remote control. Basically, you’ll require manually entering all the data with the Android TV remote control.
- Step 5: Now, just follow the ‘On-screen instructions’ to finish the setup of your Android TV.
So, this is all about how using any of the above-discussed three methods, you can set up your new Android TV in a few steps that too, in less than five minutes.
Once you have completed the setup process of your Android TV and connected it to your device, Wi-Fi, and Google account; you can enjoy your access to endless entertainment, including games and major streaming applications like Disney +, Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Movistar +, HBO, and more answer on your Android TV.
Read This Also: How To Watch Amazon Prime, Disney+, HBO Max, Peacock & Apple TV+ Offline?