Snapchat Yellow Heart: What Does Yellow Heart Emoji Mean on Snapchat?
Snapchat tracks the conversations you have with your friends and assigns different emoji based on those conversations. These emojis, known as friend emojis, have different meanings based on your daily Snap interactions with specific people.
Among them, if you’ve been curious about what does the yellow heart mean on Snapchat, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we will explore the meaning as well as all the essential things about the yellow heart emoji on Snapchat.
So, without further ado, let’s delve into the specifics—
- Introduction: Snapchat Emojis
- What Does Yellow Heart Mean on Snapchat?
- Why Is the Yellow Heart Important?
- What Does the Yellow Heart Emoji on Snapchat Signify?
- How Does Snapchat Determine Whether a Person Is Your Best Friend to Assign Yellow Heart?
- How to Get a Yellow Heart on Snapchat?
- Is It Possible to Get Snapchat’s Yellow Heart with Multiple Users?
- How to Customize Your Friend Emojis in Snapchat?
- Bonus: What Other Heart Emoji Does Snapchat Offer?
- Bottom Line
Introduction: Snapchat Emojis
Snapchat emoji add an element of fun to tracking and representing activity and chat behavior between you and your friends. These appear next to your Snapchat friends’ names based on snap frequency, timing, and other patterns of interaction.
Note: Snapchat made the friend emojis private in 2015. This means that these emojis will not be visible to anyone except you and your friend. So, you can rest assured of complete privacy between the two of you.
The meaning of each emoji reflects your unique relationship with the person concerned, and understanding the meaning of Snapchat emojis will be beneficial if you want to be successful in Snapchat marketing.
So, those who don’t know, let’s see what the “Yellow Heart emoji” entail—
What Does Yellow Heart Mean on Snapchat?
Generally, the yellow color of the heart symbolizes happiness, positivity, and hope, like sunlight. In addition, it is commonly believed that the yellow heart emoji is often used to express feelings of love and affection towards a particular person.
But the social media app Snapchat has a different meaning attached to this emoji. Snapchat identifies the yellow heart as the best friend tag.
“As per the information provided on Snapchat’s official website, a yellow heart indicates that you and the other person are each other’s #1 best friend on the platform. It signifies that you and the user have been in the top spot as best friends for a period of two consecutive weeks. However, if this friendship continues for more than two weeks, the yellow heart changes to a red heart emoji.”
So, basically, the person you send or receive the most Snaps with over two weeks is labeled as your best friend, and that designation is represented by a emoji with a yellow heart.
This means that Snapchat will choose who your best friends are, based on how much you communicate with them and send them Snaps.
Overall, the yellow heart on Snapchat represents the highest level of friendship between two users based on the number of Snaps sent and received over a two-week period. The more you send and receive snaps with a friend, the higher your friendship will be ranked!
Why is the Yellow Heart Important?
The importance of the yellow heart lies in the fact that you can only share this emoji with one other person.
It symbolizes the highest level of friendship and mutual connection between two users, adding a sense of exclusivity and recognition to the relationship.
In other words, this phenomenon occurs exclusively among users who exchange the highest number of Snaps with each other in a row.
So, because the yellow heart serves as a visual confirmation of a strong bond, indicating a special and trustworthy friendship on the platform, this is why it holds so much importance on the Snapchat platform.
What Does the Yellow Heart Emoji on Snapchat Signify?
It is important to understand that the yellow heart emoji on Snapchat has significance for many things. They are basically related to the ‘Best Friends’ feature and the dynamics between the users. To list a few, the key aspects related to the Yellow Heart include—
- Strong and close friendship between you and the other user.
- Frequent and active communication between the two of you.
- The level of trust and comfort between you and the other user.
- Identify or recognize your closest friend with whom you have the highest level of interaction and engagement.
Now you know what it means if a yellow heart friend emojis appears next to one of your friends in the list.
How Does Snapchat Determine Whether a Person Is Your Best Friend to Assign Yellow Heart?
Although Snapchat hasn’t publicly disclosed its exact algorithm to determine your best friends and assign you a yellow heart to maintain the integrity and privacy of the user experience. But based on research, user observations, and some past statements from Snapchat – it’s believed that the following factors are likely to be taken into account—
- Message exchange alongside snap exchanges: Even though snaps are the primary form of communication on Snapchat, direct messages or chats between users are also believed to play a role in determining best friends and contributing to the overall ranking.
- Mutual snap exchange activity: Since Snapchat takes into account how often you exchange Snaps with a specific user if you consistently send and receive Snaps with someone, it counts as a basis for a strong level of interaction and engagement.
- Constant exchange of Snaps: Snapchat also takes into account whether you and other users constantly exchange Snaps with each other, and if it’s a two-way conversation where you both constantly send Snaps to the other person, then it helps establish your best friend status.
- Duration and continuity of interactions: Last but not least, long-term and frequent interactions are also likely to be a contributing factor because simply exchanging snaps for short periods may not be enough to establish a best friend connection.
However, it’s important to note that the exact importance and combination of these factors in Snapchat’s algorithm may change over time as the platform continuously evolves and updates its features.
How to Get a Yellow Heart on Snapchat?
Compared to the red heart emoji or the pink heart emoji, it is easier to get the yellow heart.
If you want to get a yellow heart with someone other than the person you’re currently snapping with, just stop snapping with the current person and snap with the person you want to be best friends with. While doing so, remember that you need to consistently interact with a specific friend by—
- Increasing your Snap Exchanges,
- Maintaining your Reciprocity,
- Sustaining the Connection without Breaks,
- Staying Active.
So, hopefully, it’s now clear that the process of getting a yellow heart is fairly straightforward – you just need to send a number of pictures to each other but you will have to do this more often than other users.
Is It Possible to Get Snapchat’s Yellow Heart with Multiple Users?
No, it is not possible to share the Snapchat yellow heart emoji with multiple users at the same time.
The yellow heart is a special emoji symbol specially designed to represent the highest level of mutual interaction and friendship between two Snapchat users.
In other words, it shows that you and the other user are each other’s best friends on the platform.
So, because a Yellow Heart can only be associated with one user at a time and you need to put in your effort and time to maintain the best friend status with that user, unfortunately, you can’t get a yellow heart with multiple individuals.
How to Customize Your Friend Emojis in Snapchat?
Snapchat also offers a unique feature that allows you to change the default options for friend emojis and empowers you to personalize the meaning and significance of each emoji based on your personal preferences.
For example, if you want to replace the default yellow heart symbol with a balloon to represent your best friend on Snapchat, then you are at liberty to make that change within the Snapchat settings. Here’s a brief explanation of how—
Customize Your Friend Emojis on Android
If you use Android, follow these instructions to customize your friend emoji:
- Step 1: Open Snapchat and tap on ‘My profile.’
- Step 2: Then, tap the ‘Settings’ icon available in the top right corner.
- Step 3: After that, scroll down to choose ‘Customize emojis’ under the Privacy Control section.
- Step 4: Now, you will see all the emojis that Snapchat uses and you’re good to go to ‘Change or Customize Your Friend Emojis’ as you like after tapping ‘reset to default.’
Customize Your Friend Emojis on iPhone
If you use iPhone or iOS, follow these instructions to customize your friend emojis—
- Step 1: Open Snapchat and go to ‘My Profile.’
- Step 2: Then tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Step 3: Inside settings, navigate to ‘Additional services.’
- Step 4: After that, tap on ‘Manage’ under Additional Services.
- Step 5: Now, simply choose ‘Friend emojis.’
- Step 6: Upon doing so, you will see a list of emojis and can change what they mean here. To start, tap on each one and ‘Customize the Emojis’ according to your preference.
Bonus: What Other Heart Emoji Does Snapchat Offer?
Besides the iconic 💛 yellow heart that indicates that you and other Snapchatter are each other’s #1 best friend, Snapchat incorporates a diverse range of heart emoji to symbolize different levels of friendship or interaction between users.
So, here we have compiled a list of other commonly used Snapchat heart emoji along with their respective meanings—
|❤️️||Red Heart||This indicates that you and the other user have been best friends for at least two weeks|
|💕||Pink Hearts||This indicates that you and the other user have been best friends for two months.|
|💙||Blue Heart||This means that both you and the other user are best friends and share a deep and lasting friendship with each other on Snapchat.|
|💔||Broken Heart||This shows that your best friend’s connection with the other user has ended or been lost.|
|💖||Sparkling Heart||This indicates that you and the other Snapchat user have recently become best friends.|
Note: While these are some of the heart emoji commonly used on Snapchat to represent different levels of friendship and interaction, it’s worth noting that Snapchat updates and changes its emoji frequently, so there may be different or additional ones introduced in the future.
That is all. I hope this post has answered everything you wanted to know about what the yellow heart means on Snapchat. The yellow heart on Snapchat holds important meaning as part of the ‘Best Friends’ feature. It represents a close friendship and a strong mutual relationship between the two users.
When a yellow heart appears next to someone’s name, it simply means that you and that person are each other’s number one best friend based on your frequent and consistent Snap exchanges.
Ultimately, remember that Snapchat emoji aren’t random; they provide information about your relationships with friends, so use this knowledge to up your Snap score game.
Ans: The purpose of Snapchat emoji is to categorize and convey information about relationships between users. So, these emoji prompt individuals to use the platform more often and increase the number of messages they send.
Ans: Snapchat emoji feature was introduced in April 2015. Prior to its launch, the app used to have a list displaying users’ top three best friends that everyone could see. After that, the meanings of the emoji were updated. Now, emoji, as well as their meaning, convey more information than the best friend list previously available on Snapchat.
Ans: If you want to get the yellow heart on Snapchat, you have to send a person regular Snaps and Snap videos for weeks in a row. So, start chatting on Snapchat with someone you like and build a bond with that person. While doing so, make sure to be active on Snapchat daily to increase your Snap Score.
Ans: The criteria for the yellow heart emoji can vary based on factors such as Snap exchange frequency, message exchanges, and other interactions on the platform. Basically, Snapchat’s algorithms analyze these factors to determine one’s best friend and assign emoji accordingly.
Ans: If you don’t see the yellow heart, it means you no longer meet the criteria to be best friends. The yellow heart will no longer appear next to that person’s name.
Ans: If you have lost a yellow heart, you can get it back. To get the yellow heart emoji back on Snapchat, make sure you—
- Increase your interaction with a specific friend.
- Interact frequently and consistently.
- Avoid interactions with others on Snapchat.
- Be patient as Snapchat’s algorithms determine emoji assignments.
Ans: You’ll know if someone sent you a yellow heart on Snapchat when you see a yellow heart next to their username in the ‘Best Friends’ section or when viewing their profile.
Ans: The other levels of friendship on Snapchat include:
Ans: In addition to the yellow heart friendship emoji, other friendship levels on Snapchat include—
- Sparkling Heart (a newly formed best friend connection).
- Blue Heart (a strong, ideal friendship).
- Red Heart (a strong, mutual connection and frequent interactions).
- Pink Hearts (Staying best friends for two months in a row).
- Broken heart (end or loss of best friend connection).
Ans: While on one hand, ‘Smiling Face’ means you’re both are each other’s best friends and you snap at each other a lot, ‘Yellow Heart’ on the other hand, indicates that you and the other person have been exchanging Snaps with each other more often than any other user recently.