Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Yahoo Mail Error Code 1242
Yahoo is one of the oldest and valuable web-based email services. Even after being so astounding, Yahoo Mail is not free from errors, and error codes like 1242 can arise now and then.
Most of the Yahoo users have lately complained about facing the ‘1242’ error code while working with this email service. What is this error code, why does it appear, and how to fix it?; are the few questions that we are going to answer in this guide.
What Causes Yahoo Mail Error Code 1242?
Yahoo Mail error code 1242 generally arises when there is a corruption in the Windows system files and some other reasons for facing this error code are:
- If an important Windows file has been deleted
- incorrect Windows configuration of Windows system files
- Virus, malware attack, or suspicious activity
- Incomplete installation of an application or any installed application that has gone corrupted can also lead to Yahoo error 1242.
- A corrupt window system
Read Also – How to Fix Yahoo Error Code 475?
Issues that Occur Due to Yahoo Mail Error Code 1242
Yahoo Mail error code 1242 can give rise to several other issues as listed below:
- Issues during startup and switching off the computer
- This can slow down the performance of OS
- Freezing issues
- Difficulties in installing any application
- Other significant error messages
Read Also – Fix Yahoo Temporary Error Code 2
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Error Code 1242?
Here are the steps you can follow to fix the Yahoo Mail error code 1242:
- The first step is to start your computer and log in to your system as the administrator.
- Using the start menu, go to ‘Control Panel’ and then go to ‘System and Security’
- Under ‘System’, click on ‘Allow remote access’ and a new window will open.
- Go to the ‘System Protection’ tab and there click on ‘Create’ to create a restore point that you want to use to revert your computer to that date.
- After creating the restore point, click on ‘System Restore’ to undo the newly made changes in your device.
- After this restart your device and see if you are getting the Yahoo Mail error code 1242 or not.