Top 3 Home Decor Ideas Using Canvas Prints With Tips and Tricks
The way you decorate your home reflects your personal taste and styling sense. From choosing a color for your walls to designing the interior to picking out the most perfect furniture and putting in all types of useful accessories, our primary focus is always to create a peaceful, comfortable, and pleasing home. It doesn’t matter whether you are planning to spruce up your home or going to move into a new house, some minute details and tiny improvements can impart a sleek, modern, yet fresh look to it.
One of these practical ways of giving an electric and timeless look to your place is by getting canvas prints. Why? Because canvas art can suit every wall and go with every room. Most importantly, there are plenty of options to choose from, so you’ll have endless ways to beautify your home with these modern art pieces.
Thus, in this article, we are going to tell you the top three canvas prints displaying ideas that will never fail to amaze your guests.
1. Display the Canvas Art on Shelves
Is there any house which doesn’t have shelves? None! These days, shelves are being made in distinctive styles – some have sharp pointed edges to give a contemporary look to the room while some others have plain corners to impart a more traditional look. Usually, people decorate the shelves with plants, books, photographs, and antiques.
However, if you want to make your room look more stylish and give it a sense of creativity, you can display the canvas prints on these shelves, by arranging them based on their color scheme. Likewise, if you want your room to look bolder, you can show off the canvas arts by contrasting their colors with the main theme of the room.
Displaying the canvas art over the shelves also comes with the basic advantage of discarding the hassle of drilling holes within the wall. However, don’t forget the fundamental rule of three while placing canvas prints on shelves. According to this rule, you should always keep two small decoration pieces and one art piece on a shelf to prevent it from looking crowded or cluttered.
2. Hang Canvas Prints as a Focal Point
All the interior designers follow the basic principle of creating a focal point in every room, by adding an exceptional design element to one of its walls. Resultantly, whenever a visitor enters the room, the very first thing that catches the visitor’s sight is that focal point. You can use the canvas prints as that focal point in various interesting ways.
For example, if a wall of your living room is painted with bold colors, you can add a canvas art having multiple textures and patterns printed over it. Similarly, if a wall has different patterns, textures, and shades, you can pin a canvas art piece with bolder colors and minimal texture to make it look eye-catching.
Besides the type of canvas art, its placement also matters a lot in this respect. For example, if you are thinking about using canvas art as a focal point in your living room, the space above the fireplace will be the most perfect since it’s the very first thing that every visitor notices. On the other hand, the most proper place to add canvas art to your bedroom is the space above the bed’s headboard.
3. Hang Canvas Art on Forgotten Corners
Have you ever paid attention to the forgotten corners of your house? Like space present underneath the stairs or the boring walls of your laundry room? Most of us fill that tad boring space either with a huge plant or keychain or newspaper holder.
However, if you want to get the most out of this space, try adorning them with some eye-catching canvas art pieces. Since most of the canvas prints come with waterproof and UV-resistant coatings, you won’t have to worry about them getting spoiled under undesirable conditions.
Tips to Remember While Adorning Your Walls with Canvas Prints
- To select the most custom canvas print for a wall, you better consider the purpose of the room. Ask some questions to yourself like whether the room is a bedroom, playroom, study room, dining room, or living room? Whether the room is too large, small, or of average size?
Whether you’d use this room for getting relaxed or as your home office? These questions will make it easy for you to decide which canvas print should be a part of it.
- If the rooms of your home are visually smaller or narrower, you better go with canvas arts making up the landscape or natural photographs like mountains, greenery, distant horizons, sunsets, etc. Such wall art will make the room look wider by acting as an added window.
- While choosing a canvas print for a room, don’t forget to consider the psychology behind shades and colors. All of us know that warm colors radiate excitement and energy while the colder shades give off a sense of relaxation. Thus, for your office room, you better go with bright and energetic canvas art, like the one having dodger blue color.
Likewise, for a kid’s room, you can go with prints having fresher and colder colors like green, pastel yellow, blue. And for your bedroom or retreat room, you can get canvas prints with calming colors like beige, olive green, etc.
- Always get the canvas art pieces based on the size of your room. If you hang an overly large painting in a small room, it will look nothing more than a mess. Similarly, if you add an inadequately small canvas painting in a large room, it won’t be able to catch the attention of visitors by becoming a focal point. Thus, before placing your order for custom canvas portraits, you better get the idea of what print size will look perfect on the wall. The standard size of canvas prints is 16″ × 20″.
- To make the custom canvas portraits look their ultimate best, of high resolution, provide the artist with a photograph of adequate size so it won’t look pixelated or blurry on stretched canvas.