It has become a common trend to use two emails in sync as it helps you manage data from two email clients in one place. Here we will talk about the configuration of Yahoo email on Outlook, as both the most popular email clients and use of them is rapidly increasing. When you set up Yahoo on Outlook managing them simultaneously becomes easier and convenient.
Admittedly, it takes sound knowledge of technical stuff, if you want Yahoo and Outlook to work together. Therefore, naïve users might feel it difficult to sync both. But to help our readers, we have designed a complete guide that will educate you with the process, and by following the steps you can perform the configuration in no time. Just follow the steps and instructions for your Outlook version, and you are all sorted.
Let’s start with what requirements you need to fulfill, before beginning the setup process for Yahoo mail on MS Outlook.
Read Also – Yahoo Mail Not Working With MS Outlook
Prerequisites to Setup Yahoo with Outlook
- There should proper or stable internet connection.
- The user should enter correct information such as email address, username, and password of your Yahoo email account.
- Yahoo Mail IMAP Server Settings should be entered correctly. Here are the correct settings that you should follow:
IMAP Server Settings for Yahoo Mail
|Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server|
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server|
|Your login info|
POP Settings for Yahoo Mail
|Incoming Mail (POP) Server|
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server|
|Your login info|
Important Note: It is recommended to use IMAP over Yahoo mail POP settings because IMAP is more advanced and more flexible for managing data across multiple devices.
- Make sure you create a backup for your Yahoo mail data before you perform the configuration process.
Prepare Your Yahoo Account for Configuration with Outlook
When Two-step Verification is Disable?
If you don’t use two-step verification on your Yahoo Mail account, you need to allow other email clients (Here we are talking about Outlook) to use Yahoo sign-in password to access Outlook.
- Open your browser and go to Yahoo login page by clicking on https://login.yahoo.com/.
- Sign-in using your Yahoo login credentials.
- Now, go to “Profile Name” and then access “Account Info”.
- Open “Account security” tab.
- From here, you need to enable the “Allow apps that use less secure sign in” option.
- After this, your Yahoo mail account will allow you to sign-In using Outlook and this is important for the configuration on Outlook.
When Two-Step Verification is Enabled
If you have the two-step verification on, you can use the Yahoo mail app password in the place of account password while you configure Yahoo on MS Outlook.
- You need to sign-in to your Yahoo mail account. Then, go to the “Profile Name” and then “Account Info”.
- Then, go to “Account Security”.
- Scroll down to select “Generate App Password”.
- Then, you will need to choose the Outlook version you want to use from Outlook iOS, Outlook Android, or Outlook Desktop. Here, it is recommended to use “Outlook Desktop”.
- Click on “Generate” button.
- Next, the screen will include the “App Password” or “password key” and instructions to use them. Now, copy the code and click “Done”.
After you make sure that you are done satisfying the basic prerequisites and ready for the configuration, you need to begin by following the steps given below. To setup the Yahoo Mail in (all) Outlook versions be it 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and Microsoft 365, follow the instructions:
Setup and Configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2019, 2016 and Microsoft 365
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
2. After that click on “Info” and then select Add Account.
3. Enter your Yahoo mail address and tap on the “Connect” button.
- Provide the App password in the respective text fields and click on Connect.
- With these simple steps, you can easily add and use Yahoo on Outlook.
Setup and Configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013 and 2010
MS Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 share the same set of steps for adding Yahoo on them. Check all the required steps accompanied by screenshots to add Yahoo with MS Outlook. Follow these steps:
1. Open Outlook and click on File.
- Tap on the “Add Account” button
- Mark the field for Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- Click on POP and IMAP and then hit the Next button.
- Next, go to the Server Information field, tap on Account Type from the drop-down menu and choose IMAP from there.
- Go to the User Information section, provide your name and enter your Yahoo email address.
- Go to Server Information menu, and type in imap.mail.yahoo.com in the Incoming mail server field.
- Go to the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) option and type-in smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Next, access the Logon Information menu. In the User name option, enter your username or the Yahoo mail address. If the information is not right, enter the right information.
- It’s time to enter your Password in the field. If you have the Yahoo app password from Yahoo using two-step verification, you can use it.
- Click on “More Settings”
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab, and check the option “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Choose “Use the same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Open Advanced Tab for Outgoing server.
- For both options namely Incoming server (IMAP) and Outgoing server (SMTP), select Use the following type of encrypted connection menu and then click on SSL.
- In the Incoming Server (IMAP) option, enter 993.
- For the Outgoing Server (SMTP) option, enter 465.
- Click OK and move back to the POP and IMAP Account Settings window.
- Click on Next. If settings are entered in the right order, the account will be set up properly.
- Tap Close.
Setup and Configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook 2007 on your device.
- Next, click on the “Tools” option
- Go to “Account Settings”
- In the “Account Settings” menu, select ‘Email” and then choose “New”
- Choose “Microsoft Exchange POP3, IMAP, and then HTTP”.
- Click on “Next”.
- On the next menu, select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and then hit “Next”.
- Click on “Internet E-mail” from the list of options and then click “Next” and select “Add New Email Account”.
- Then, you need to enter mail server settings, in the three fields available on the screen:
- In the User Information section, type in the username and that is Yahoo account’s email address.
- For the Server Information section, choose “IMAP” instead of selecting “POP” from the account-type menu enter ‘imap.mail.yahoo.com’ in the “Incoming Mail” and ‘smtp.mail.yahoo.com.’ “Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server”.
- In the Logon, Information Section provides the Yahoo Mail account’s username and log-in password or app password (if you’ve enabled two-step verification for your Yahoo Mail account).
- After you are done typing the required information, select “More Settings” and “Internet E-mail Settings”.
- There are an “Outgoing Server” menu which you need to select, and the type select two options namely “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use the same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Open the “advanced” tab and then make sure you select —“This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”, Incoming and Outgoing server.
- Type-in the “993” and “465” in the “server ports” for ‘Incoming server (IMAP)’ and ‘Outgoing server (SMTP)’ options.
- Click “OK” and then go back to the previous screen and hit “Next”.
If everything has been done correctly, click “Close”.