Key Takeaways

  • Despite the huge demand for IT professionals in the market, it is still a hustle to find the right job for yourself.
  • Freelance exchanges can land you a pretty good job where you can get a decent amount of pay with respect to your talent.
  • You can also participate in a startup and contribute to its development and success.
  • Approx. 60% of people get hired for their job through recommendations rather than online search apps.
  • Around 70% of people are on a constant search for a better career option and are ready to ditch their present job for a better option (if available).

Even though the modern professional market is full of demand for IT specialists, it is not so easy to choose a worthy offer from this variety. You often have to review the full list of open vacancies. However, not all open sources of information about vacancies are reliable and verified. We have collected some tips on how to find a good job without risks.

Freelance Exchanges

freelance exchange

Enter the exchange by creating your profile or without registration and view available vacancies. Use the services of verified exchanges that have a good reputation in the market. When you’re looking for full-time employment, you can always find one-off projects or short-term tasks for part-time work and improving your skills. 

The advantage is that you can get work in any country in the world without being tied to your place of residence.

Websites of IT Companies

 job search

This is the best place to find permanent employment. A proven source of vacancies from a specific company is your chance to become part of a solid team. Depending on the need, the offers are constantly updated. Therefore, you are only required to monitor changes. Usually, these are proposals for permanent cooperation, less often – one-time projects.

“More than 70 percent of the employed respondents said that they were in an “open relationship” with their job; they were open to new job opportunities if they were to arise.” ~ TopResume survey

Internship in IT Companies


Today, many companies offer internship opportunities. For IT beginners, this is a win-win proposition. After all, even if you don’t manage to get hired, at least you will get experience and a solid recommendation for your resume. And if you get on the list of the best graduates, you will get great assignments, a solid salary, and the opportunity to develop professionally.

Job Search Sites

job seach site

The advantages of using this source are regular updates of offers. And the disadvantage is that there is high competition and the best vacancies are filled immediately. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor the information. 

However, a wide variety of companies, including world-class ones, post invitations to work here.

Participation in a Startup


This is not just a collective work, but a kind of exam for you on the subject of the ability to find a common language with people, work on a joint project, and cheer for the team. And if you succeed, you can add the project to your portfolio. And if this is your startup, and it turned out to be successful, then you can get passive income as a bonus to the basic salary.

Recommendations of Friends

 job recommendation

From time to time, talk to friends and acquaintances who can recommend a cool business. Or recommend you to a cool company. Often we do not even suspect how successfully our affairs would be resolved if we used all the opportunities for this in time. Thousands of people find their dream careers every day based on recommendations.

According to research, approximately 60% of people get recruited into jobs through networking. The rest of the 40% gets recruited through online apps or other mediums. 

Promotion in Social Networks

promotion in social network

During the time you are looking for a job, engage in self-promotion at the same time. Announce yourself on profile platforms, social networks, and in profile groups. Even indirectly, there is an opportunity to interest employers. 

Even if you don’t find an occupation there, you will make new acquaintances in the IT field, and get acquainted with information technologies. In short, you will keep your finger on the pulse of events.

For more information, monitor the relevant resources. Do not spare time to be present wherever the desired vacancy may appear, because a good occupation will not find you by itself. And if it does happen, it will be a happy accident. In other cases, you need to put effort, patience, and attempts at new knowledge. 

Remember that the main thing is to believe in your strength because otherwise, others will not believe in you. And the best way to find a good job is to look for it.