Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android to iPhone Within a Few Clicks
- What are the requirements for transferring WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS?
- How to reset iPhone
- What WhatsApp data is transferred and what isn’t?
- How to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone?
- Completing data transfer by setting up WhatsApp on iPhone
- Enabling iCloud Backup
- Move to iOS app not working? Here’s what you can do
- Why can’t I see WhatsApp in move to iOS app?
- Steps to fox move to iOS app not working
- Best tools for WhatsApp transfer
At some point, every Android user has thought about switching to iOS. I’m sure some of you have already done that, but there might be some consequences to it. The most common and I guess the greatest of them all is not being able to transfer the old WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. What if there are some important messages on your WhatsApp, what if you can’t find a way out of it? Well, nothing to panic about because we have some good news for you.
There might be certain issues with WhatsApp, but this one is no more a concern. WhatsApp has finally listened to its users’ repetitive requests and has rolled out a simple and easy method to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Here, in this guide, we have streamlined some methods where you can transfer the old WhatsApp chats from Android to your iOS device. Let’s have a look.
What are the Requirements for Transferring WhatsApp Messages from Android to iOS?
Before directly hopping onto the methods, one needs to fulfill some requirements and make sure to have their WhatsApp transferred from Android to iPhone. Read the following points thoroughly so that you don’t mess up anything while the transfer is going on:
- The Android device you are using must be running on the Android 5 lollipop or above.
- The iOS device you are using to move the chats to must be updated to iOS 15.5 or above. The supported phones include iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, and iPhone X series.
- Not just the software in the phones but the version of WhatsApp on iPhone must be 188.8.131.52 or above and on Android 184.108.40.206 or above.
- Before beginning with the steps, you need to download the ‘Move to iOS” app from the Google Play Store on your Android device. Apart from transferring WhatsApp data, the app will also help you out in transferring other files, contacts, and other vital documents.
- If you already have your iPhone set, and then you want to move your WhatsApp chats, you need to set up your iPhone from scratch, otherwise, there’s no way. (You’ll find the steps to reset the iPhone below).
- You need to use the same phone number on both devices to move your WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
- Make sure that you connect both devices with the same powerless networks otherwise, it might lead to your Android phone connecting to your iPhone’s hotspot.
Now that we talked about resetting the iPhone, let’s learn that first before proceeding further to transfer WhatsApp messages from android to iPhone free.
How to Reset iPhone?
If you are switching from Android to iPhone, then there’s no need to reset the iPhone. However, if you are an iPhone user and want to get back your old WhatsApp chats from your Android device, you need to reset your iPhone. Here’s how to do that:
Note: The process of resetting your iPhone is pretty easy, but we still advise you to back up your data on iCloud before you proceed with anything.
- Go to the Settings option of your device and click on the “General” tab.
- There, click on “Transfer or Reset iPhone”.
- Then, click on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Then to confirm your actions, you will receive a pop message saying “Erase This iPhone”, click on the continue button there.
- Fill in your phone’s password and click on “Erase”.
And just by that, your iPhone will be reset. Now let’s have a look at what WhatsApp can transfer and what it cannot.
What WhatsApp Data is Transferred and What Isn’t?
Even after completing the WhatsApp transfer from Android to iPhone, there is some data that cannot be transferred. Let’s have a look:
|Data that can be transferred||Data that cannot be transferred|
|WhatsApp chats (with media)||Payments message|
|Account information||Audio or video calls history|
|Profile picture||Profile display name|
Now that you have comprehended almost everything about what you should know before transferring the WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone, let’s hop on to the steps of performing the same.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone?
Now that we are done apprehending the basics, let’s get on to learning the steps of how to transfer WhatsApp messages from android to iPhone free:
- Now that you have reset your iOS device, you can start with the setup process as instructed on your iPhone screen. Simply log in to your Apple account but do remember to stop when you come across the “Apps and Data” section on your screen.
- Here, select the “Move Data from Android” option.
- Then, on the next screen, click on the “Move from Android” option and click on “Continue”.
- There, you will receive an OTP sort of code that you need to fill in your Move to iOS app on the Android device.
- Then, switch to your Android phone and launch the “Move to iOS” app.
- There, click on the “Continue” button and agree to Apple’s terms and conditions, and give all the necessary permissions.
- And again click on the “Continue” button and fill in the OTP code displayed on your iPhone screen.
- Once you have filled in the code, both of your devices will be connected to each other wirelessly.
- Then, on your iPhone, in the Move to iOS app, you will see a “Transfer Data” option, click on “WhatsApp” in this section.
- There, you will see a checkmark and the size of WhatsApp data that you will be moving, click on the “Continue” button there to proceed.
Note: In the meantime, you will see a message saying “Waiting for (Device’s model number)” on your iPhone.
- And then, you will see the “Move chats to iOS” option, click on the “Start” button, and then on the “Next” button to begin with the transfer.
- And in no time, you will see WhatsApp transferring your messages to your iOS device.
Note: Do remember to stay patient while the transfer is going on as this may take a while. Also, make sure both the devices are sufficiently charged, if not, connect with a charger.
- Once all of it is done, your Android and iOS devices will show a “Transfer Complete” message on their respective screens.
So this is how you can easily transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS within a few steps. Now in order to complete your WhatsApp transfer, you need to set up WhatsApp on your iOS device. Let’s see how it is done.
Completing Data Transfer By Setting Up WhatsApp on iPhone
Your Android device is no longer required. Simply click on “Continue setting up iPhone”, and follow the below-given steps:
Visit the App Store on your iOS device and install the WhatsApp app.
Once the installation is done, when you will open the WhatsApp app on your phone, you will directly see a prompt saying “Move Chats from Android”, click on the “Start” button there and grant the necessary permissions.
After that, WhatsApp will start transferring your chats from Android to iPhone. This may take 10-15 minutes, and once the transfer is completed, you will see a message saying “Transfer Complete” on your screen.
And voilà! You are all done.
Enabling the iCloud Backup
Most people might not consider having their WhatsApp backup on iCloud, but it is quite essential as the future is quite unpredictable, right? Earlier, your data was moved from Android to iOS through the local backup, hence it is important to have an iCloud backup this time. Let’s see how is it done:
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your device and visit the Settings section of it.
- There, click on Chats and then on Chat Backup.
- Select the “Back Up Now” options to proceed.
With Cloud backup, you can easily switch to another iOS device without worrying about WhatsApp backup or its transfer. But what if the Move to iOS app stops working? Or there’s a glitch? Worry not because we have the solution for that too.
Move to iOS App Not Working? Here’s What You Can Do
Since a while ago, there have been these two constant complaints from the users that the Move to iOS app is not working. and the other is whenever they try to use the “Move to iOS” app, they’re unable to as they can’t see the WhatsApp option on the app. So before hopping on to the solution to why the Move to iOS app won’t work, let’s find out the reason behind why the WhatsApp option isn’t there on your app.
Why I Can’t See WhatsApp in Move on the iOS App?
After a certain number of complaints, it was discovered that the WhatsApp app is at fault here. WhatsApp has not rolled out its chat transfer feature for all the users, and only limited users are allowed to avail of this benefit. Maybe this is why you too are unable to see the WhatsApp option on your Move to iOS app. But the good news is, you just have to wait a little longer as WhatsApp is working on this issue and is trying to eradicate it soon.
Now that we have solved one mystery, let’s head toward the other one.
Steps to Fix Move to iOS App Not Working
If you are somehow unable to make the WhatsApp transfer from Android to iOS, or face any issue with it, here are some solutions that you can try:
- First things first, make sure that both the devices meet the basic requirement of performing the transfer, and if the versions they are running on are compatible for the WhatsApp transfer.
- Do remember to reset your iOS device before initiating the transfer. You cannot move the WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS on an already activated iPhone.
- Make sure that both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, otherwise, the transfer won’t take place.
- Also, remember to make sure that you are enabling WhatsApp on your iPhone with the same phone number as you did on Android.
- If all the above aspects are properly met by you, and you still somehow face the same issue, there are chances that the Move to iOS app is crashing on your Android device. In this case, it is advised to visit the official page of the app and try to resolve the issue from there.
Best Tools for WhatsApp Transfer
You might have been wondering if “Move to iOS” is the only tool for transferring WhatsApp Android to iOS. The answer is there are a few more apps and tools to do the same. We have used “Move to iOS” because that one is from Apple itself, hence, it is quite reliable. Let’s have a look at the other ones:
|Wazzap Migrator||Desktop and mobile-based||Not needed||4|
|BackupTrans||Desktop based||Not needed||3.5|
|Move to iOS||Mobile-based||Needed||3|
|Mobo Play||Desktop based||Not needed||4.3|
Here are some frequently asked questions about transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone:
ANS: You can log in into your Hostinger account simply by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open up your browser and head to the “Hostinger official website”.
- After that click on the “Login” button which you will see in the top right corner beside Cart.
- Next, you have to input your Hostinger login credentials (email and password) and click on the “Login” button or else you can log in via your Google or Facebook account.
ANS: No, Google Drive backup won’t help you to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Instead, you can use the Move to iOS app for the same.
Ans: No, your WhatsApp messages on your Android device will remain intact even after you have transferred them to your iOS device.
ANS: Apple’s new app lets you transfer all the data on WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, including all the media, chats, profile pictures, and whatnot.