370+ Compilation of Best Instagram Captions for Photos and Videos to Up Your Game in 2023
Everyone would agree that if a ‘Picture’ can say a thousand words, ‘Words’ can enhance that picture by adding an air of story, context and mystery to it, right!
This means that it is not enough just to share your photos, videos and selfies with your friends, you also have to provide the right captions to accompany them.
Writing something under your photos and videos that you post on social media is called ‘Caption’ with which you can not only engage with your audience but also can give them some insight into your emotions.
So, if you want to improve your Instagram profile then, a good caption helps you to boost both your reach and engagement rate to attract more attention.
However, let’s admit, you’re not always caption-ready!
While some people are super witty, they can think of a caption on the spot but most of us spend too much time to come up with the perfect caption and even need a bit of inspiration.
Considering that, we’re here with some ready-to-use caption ideas that you can pick for making your Instagram posts perfect. Although, we’re not going to specifically tell you what caption you should use to post on Instagram – that’s completely up to your creativity and the situation life throws at you.
So, on that note, let’s just scroll down the given below “well-researched” list to be your Instagram caption ready—
Read This Also: Compilation of 850+ Coolest, Funny, Best, and Unique Instagram Usernames Ideas to Go With!
List of 370+ Best Instagram Captions to Use for Your Photos & Videos
Here are some of the best feel-good, funny, great, motivational, cute, clever and what not captions for Instagram posts that you without giving a second thought can turn to –if you’re not sure what to add under your next Instagram post.
Short Instagram Captions
- Art of Chillin!
- Bucket list
- But first, coffee
- Coming soon
- Days like these
- Don’t quit your daydream
- Dream big
- Girls just wanna have fun
- Go big or go home
- Good vibes only
- Delicious Treat!
- Bucket List
- Easy, Buzzy & Rolling!
- FLY High!
- Fry-Yay Feels
- Giveaway Alert
- Happy Hours
- Launch Day
- New look
- Normal is boring
- Opening soon
- Times like this
- Weekend vibes
- Why not me?
- Laughing on the inside
- Launch day
- Let’s get it started
- Like a boss
- Limited edition
- Nailed it
- Wild and free
- Work hard play hard
- Show your sparkle
- Small pleasures
- This just happened
- Yes or no?
Cool Instagram Captions
- Being cool is being your own self, not doing something that someone else is telling you to do.
- I can take it. The tougher it gets, the cooler I get.
- I’m a mirror. If you’re cool with me, I’m cool with you, and the exchange starts. What you see is what you reflect. If you don’t like what you see, then you’ve done something. If I’m standoffish, that’s because you are.
- Nothing is cooler and more attractive than a big comeback, and that’ll be me.
- I’ve never been cool and I don’t really care about being cool. It’s just an awful lot of time and hair gel wasted.
- He who keeps his cool best wins.
- Just keep your cool and your sense of humor.
- Forget the failures. Keep the lessons.
- If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.
- Those who think it is not cool to be kind are cold-hearted.
- Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water!
- Sometimes one day changes everything; sometimes years change nothing.
- If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.
- See the bowtie? I wear it and I don’t care. That’s why it’s cool.
- You don’t have to make something that people call art. Living is an artistic activity; there is an art to getting through the day.
- Secrets…are the very root of cool.
- Passion isn’t cool, it’s hot.
Funny Instagram Captions
- Cake is the answer, no matter what the question is!
- Everything happens for a raisin
- I’ve been on a diet for a week and all I lost was 14 days
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, just post on Instagram
- In my defence, I was left unsupervised
- It may look like I’m not doing anything, but in my mind I’m pretty busy
- Let’s taco ‘bout it!
- Does Sunday have to pass?
- People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
- If you think nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door.
- I finally realized that people are prisoners of their phones… that’s why it’s called a “cell” phone.
- There are 100 billion nerves in the human body, and there are people who have the ability to irritate all of them.
- I woke up like this.
- If I was funny, I would have a good Instagram caption.
- It’s too “a.m.” for me.
- Your secrets are safe with me… I wasn’t even listening.
- You never realize what you have until it’s gone. Toilet paper is a good example.
- I don’t think inside the box and I don’t think outside the box… I don’t even know where the box is.
- Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
- I would like to thank my arms for always being by my side, my legs for always supporting me, and my fingers because I can always count on them.
- Don’t be ashamed of who you are. That’s your parents’ job.
- It may look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head, I’m quite busy.
- When people tell me “You’re going to regret that in the morning,” I sleep in until noon because I’m a problem solver.
- Doing nothing is hard; you never know when you’re done.
- If you fall, I will be there. Signed: Floor.
- I eat cake because it’s somebody’s birthday somewhere.
- A blind man walks into a bar … and a jukebox and chair
- I definitely didn’t wake up like this.
- I Vodka the answer? Maybe not. But it’s definitely worth a shot.
- Of course I will keep your secrets – I wasn’t listening after all.
- So lazy that I’d have someone pick up my ‘laziness award’ for me
- Eating a clock is fun. But it is so time-consuming
- Mirror: You look so great today. Opens front camera – Eww
- Fall in love? Yeah, no I’d rather fall asleep
- Sometimes I’m pretty smart. Other times, I try leaving the car with my seatbelt on.
- Life update: Holding my life together with a stapler pin.
- As Drake said ” I’m here for a good time not a long time”
- Normalize energy-saving mode.
- Ever tried saying ‘Bubbles’ when angry? It’s impossible!
- There is no ‘we’ in ice-cream
- Am I late? So sorry. I was enjoying not being here so much
- Here is a secret: you can eat without letting us see your food on Instagram
- Who else needs a 6-month holiday two times in 365 days?
- You look like you lack a vitamin. Vitamin me
- Why is everywhere so bright? It is too ‘A.M’ for me
- It’s raining, and you need an ark? You’re in luck because I Noah guy
- Wanna drive haters crazy? Then smile.
- Love motivational speakers with their aspire to inspire to respire and expire nonsense
- Wanna hear a joke? Three participles walk into a bar. The barman looks up and says, ‘this is tense’.
- What did zero say to number eight? ‘wow, nice belt , man”
- I once had fun; it was horrible.
- I wish I were funny – I’d have better Instagram captions.
- 5% of statistics are false – including this one
- My favorite F word is Friday. Guess my favorite.
- Smile because nobody knows what is happening anymore
- I have a diet pyramid – and caffeine is the cornerstone
- Be a flat in a room of stilettos.
- Wait, you only drink Diet Coke? Then you must be super healthy.
- I wish I’d be someone’s type, and not only when donating blood.
- My heart is saying yes, but my Dad is saying No.
- Who else suffers from Mondayticitis?
- You never know what you find till you clean the house
- Am I a handful? Good thing you’ve got two hands then.
- Without coffee in the morning, I feel Depresso
- Life may not be perfect, but my body is.
- Height: 5.0″. Attitude : 7″
- What is your name? Can I call you mine?
- Stay in your lane and magic
- Smile, wave ,and pretend that you know what you’re doing
- Confidence level : Bare-faced pictures with no filters
- Good food makes everything so much better.
- You can’t run through a campground. You can only “ran,” because it’s past tents.
- Dear autocorrect, that’s not what I was trying to say. I’m getting tired of your shirt.
- Out of my mind! Back in five minutes.
- To make time fly, throw your watch out the window.
- I don’t like violence but I don’t mind if I get hit by luck.
- People say “go big or go home” like going home is a bad thing. Heck yeah, I want to go home, and I’ll have a nap when I get there.
- He who laughs last didn’t get it.
- It sure is strange that after Tuesday the rest of the week spells WTF.
- Yes, I know there is a really special place in Hell for me. It is called a throne.
Good Instagram Captions
- You, me, and the dogs.
- When there’s no coffee, I feel despresso.
- All we have is now.
- To be happy is all that really matters.
- Go wild for a while.
- Do what feels good.
- Living my best life.
- Life isn’t perfect, but my hair is.
- Height 5’2′ but my attitude 6’1.
- Be a stiletto in a room of flats.
- Too lit to quit.
- Be savage, not average
Summer Instagram Captions
- Bluebird days
- Dog days of summer
- Feelin’ hot hot hot
- Gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day
- Good day sunshine
- Girls just wanna have sun
- Here comes the sun
- My place in the sun
- Nothing but blue skies
- Soak up the sun
- Summer daze
- Sunlight is the best disinfectant
- Summer lovin’
- Summer nights
- Summer vibes
- Sunshine is the best medicine
- The livin’ is easy
Spring Instagram Captions
- April showers bring May flowers
- In like a lion, out like a lamb
- It’s gonna be May
- May the fourth be with you
- Make hay while the sun shines
- Raindrops on roses
- Spring is in the air
- Spring cleaning
- Spring has sprung
- Spring fever
- Spring forward
Fall Instagram Captions
- After the rain
- Autumn leaves
- Back to school
- Fall for fall
- Fall back
- Leaf peeping
- November rain
- Pumpkin spice season
- Turkey time
- Under my umbrella
- Winter Instagram captions
- Snow, lights, the holidays—winter is full of special moments to capture for the ‘Gram.
- Sweater weather
- A snowflake is winter’s butterfly
- Baby, it’s cold outside
- Keep calm and winter on
- Let it snow
- The weather outside is frightful
- The winter of our discontent
- Winter is coming
Clever Instagram Captions
- Patience — what you have when there are too many witnesses.
- Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s the Clarendon filter.
- When nothing goes right, go left.
- “Life is short.” False — it’s the longest thing you do.
- Happy Sunday! There may be no excuse for laziness, but I’m still looking.
- Rejection is just redirection.
- Better an “oops” than a “what if.”
- The best times begin at the end of your comfort zone. So you can catch me on the opposite end of the end of my comfort zone.
- Anyone looking for a heart? Selling mine for $2. (Used, good condition)
- The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
- Seven billion smiles and these are my favorite.
- I liked memes way before they were on Instagram.
- I need a six-month holiday, twice a year.
- Ladies, please.
- NASA just announced that it is safe to eat without posting it on
- Stop working hard and start working smart.
- I found your nose. It was in my business.
- Imposter complex is just a byproduct of success.
- Life is simple. It’s just not easy.
- I never make mistakes, I thought I did once. I was wrong.
- I think you are lacking vitamin me.
Sad Instagram Captions
- I fall asleep every night hoping I do not fall apart in my dreams
- Sorry to confirm the rumours – I am always sad
- Do I miss you? Of course; you are my oxygen
- Pain is a teacher and learning is a gift.
- You thought I changed. I didn’t. But you did.
- Did you slay the monsters under your bed as a kid? I thought I did. Turns out they moved to my head.
- So many people want to be happy – I could care less.
- You only think you know how I feel – you have zero idea.
- It hurts so much that nobody cares about how I feel
- I might wear a big happy smile, but I am not remotely happy
Attitude Instagram Captions
- People call it luck – I say it is hard work and persistence
- You are wrong if you think that I care about what you think about me.
- Fly and leave all your worries on the ground
- The beginning cannot be changed – but you can change how everything ends.
- If life gives you lemons , make lemonade and start a business
- I am not here anymore – on my mental beach
- Treat every moment with care
- Yes, I know I’m cute
- Stop texting me only when you need stuff
- It’s called common sense. Unfortunately, it’s not that common.
- Shut up if your voice wouldn’t improve the silence
- Don’t live the same life for 30 years and think it’s a life
- Dream by day and think at night
- I prefer Sunday mornings to Saturday nights – and that’s what I want to be to someone.
- I put the Extra in extraordinary
- Eat spaghetti like a badass.
- Stop thinking about someday – start thinking about Today.
- It’s not an insult if it is true
- Nobody can tell me what to do – it’s my life and my rules
- No matter how hard I fall, I’ll always bounce back up
- While I remain down to earth – I still remain above you.
- Hustle + Heart = Success
- Things might be slow right now – but quitting wouldn’t make it faster
- I only treat you the way you treat me.
- Are you a dead fish? Then stop going with the flow
- How many miles have your thumb run on your screen today?
- From your screen to your nightmare
Birthday Instagram Captions
- All about the cake
- Another trip around the sun
- Candles just want to get lit
- Cake day
- Fire hazard
- Happy, happy birthday, baby
- Next-level wisdom achieved
- One year wiser
- Sweeter than a cupcake
- (S)he’s a jolly good fellow
- Too many candles
Best Instagram Captions for Photography
- Photos are a return ticket to the past we have lost.
- What is a poem without words? Photography
- If you feel life getting blurry, just adjust your focus
- Photography is more about what your soul feels – not just what the eyes see
- Looking for a pause button on life? Then take photos
- As long as you are alive, you’ll always have pictures
- View life as photography; without the negatives, you cannot develop
- Taking photographs of people before knowing their angles is the truth
- Shooting new things is old – what I want is shooting old things in a new way
- The best photos come from what you feel inside
- Someone asked me what equipment I use. I told them the truth – my eyes
- Photography is more than just capturing faces; it’s about capturing souls
- Learn all the rules as an expert – then break them as a creative.
- Photography is telling a story without using any words
- I want people to look at my photos and fall in love.
Instagram Captions for Love
- I want you to be happy, but I want you to be happy with Me.
- It will be Always YOU.
- Can I keep you?
- I know you know that I know you like me.
- I know you want me; you know I want you.
- I like you and you know it.
- I love you.
- If I ever write a story about my life, don’t be surprised if your name appears billion times.
- If you are Mine, You are Mine. I don’t like Sharing.
- Nothing can replace you!
- I love you. That’s all I know.
- I’m not perfect but I am Loyal.
- I can drive you crazy without a driver’s license.
- I’ll hold you in my heart, till I can hold you in my arms.
- I’ve been waiting for you this whole time.
- Kiss me if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?
- Let’s be us.
- With You, I forget all my problems. With You, Time Stands Still.
- We come to love by not finding the perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
- When I fell for you, I fell Hard
Instagram Captions for Selfies
- A selfie a day keeps the doctor away
- But first, selfie
- Beast mode
- Confidence level: No filter
- First I drink the coffee, then I do the things
- Just me
- I’m kind of a big deal
- I speak fluent sarcasm
- Living my best life
- The best of me is yet to come.
- Sunday Funday
- Never let anyone treat you like you’re ordinary.
- Be yourself, there’s no one better.
- She acts like summer and walks like rain.
- Life is better when you’re laughing.
- Be more of you, and less of them.
- Maybe she’s born with it…
- It’s not a phase mom, it’s who I am.
- Self-love is the best love.
- Life is too short to be boring
- Messy hair don’t care
- Me, myself, and I
- Personality cannot be added with a filter
- Ready for my closeup
- Swiped right
- Some days are better than others
- There’s always a wild side to an innocent face
- Worth it
- Why hello there
- Woke up like this
- Work it
Instagram Captions for Couples
- Always on your team
- Couple goals
- Everything I do, I do it for you
- Just us
- Love you to the moon and back
- P.S. I love you
- Partners in time
- The best bad influence
- You’re my lobster
- You make my heart sing
Instagram Caption Quotes
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” —Michael Jordan
- “If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” –Maya Angelou
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
- “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says I’m possible!” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The road to success is always under construction.” – Lily Tomlin
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
Hashtags for Instagram Captions
- #travelgram (123.3 million)
- #goodmorning (117.1 million)
- #streetphotography (78.43 million)
- #foodstagram (69.98 million)
- #naturelovers (65.67 million)
- #entrepreneur (64.40 million)
- #outfitoftheday (52.83 million)
- #sundayfunday (50.80 million)
- #momlife (50.18 million)
- #positivevibes (48.72 million)
That’s all for now! Though, finding the perfect photo caption may take some time, but the stage is all yours guys. What are you waiting for?
Go and click a perfect picture,
Apply a filter,
Open the Instagram app,
Copy-paste the hashtags,
And, before you hit ‘Post’ ….get inspiration from here to write a killer Instagram caption for your Insta-post!
FAQs Regarding Instagram Captions – What Else to Know!
|Q1: What is an Instagram caption? |
A: Instagram caption is the text that you add/write under your Instagram photos or videos to explain the context of the same.
|Q2: How Long Can Instagram Captions be?|
A: Instagram captions do have a limit. You can use up to 2,200 characters or around 325 words and that is more than enough to let the audience and your followers know what you’ve posted and with what mindset.
|Q3: What is Considered a Good Caption on Instagram?|
A: Good captions for your Instagram posts can be short, long, funny, and whatever you like but make sure to keep the message clear, and also you should be creative enough to play with variations such as change the length often, add emojis, links and so on.
|Q4: Why Are Good Instagram Captions Considered So Important?|
A: The sole reason why good Instagram captions are so important is that it helps you improve your content and altogether your Instagram game as it will get you more likes, comments, shares, followers, etc.
|Q5: How Long Should Your Instagram Caption be? |
A: As far as the length of caption is concerned there is a limit of 2200 characters by Instagram. To make your caption attracting and catchy, these characters are more than enough to describe your photo and the surrounding story. Also, to attach the location in the post caption is excluded from these defined characters.
|Q6: Is It Necessary to Place Hashtags Inside Your Caption? |
A: Putting hashtags in the caption is as old as Instagram, but there are no any hard and fast rules made by Instagram about using hashtags. This mean it is all up to you to add as many hashtags in your caption as you want.
In fact, as per Instagram, it does not matter where you put hashtags so, you can place them within the caption or below it as a comment. Doing so, doesn’t affect your hashtag performance only if you add that comment underneath your published Instagram content.
|Q7: How to Hide hashtags in Instagram Captions? |
A: For any reasons so ever, if you want to avoid using hashtags from your Instagram post caption and still want to increase your digital reach, type the caption as first comment just after publishing the Instagram post. In this way, the post’s performance will not be impacted, and the hashtags will work just the same as if they were posted in the caption.
|Q8: How to Add Spaces in Instagram Captions? |
A: Sometimes when you write various captions on a single post, and it becomes a mess because of not adding any spaces and formats. It becomes next to impossible to understand such messy and lengthy captions. But, there is a solution to that too. You can just write your captions in your Notes app first and then, copy and paste them to Instagram. Or else, you can consider adding a ‘Dash’ between your paragraphs. However, just make sure that there are no empty spaces between the dash and the paragraph.
|Q9: How to Add Links to Instagram Captions? |
A: Instagram has prohibited adding links to the captions for various copyright issues. So, if you want to add any link with your post you can try adding the link to your bio or story and mention that link in your caption. But, the important thing is that for adding a link to your bio you must have more than 10k followers on your Instagram account.
|Q10: How to Copy and Paste Instagram Captions (on an iPhone)?|
A: To copy and paste Instagram captions on an iPhone, here’s what you’ve to do—
Firstly, tap and hold on the text field, click on select all and then, click on copy. Now, in order to paste, you’ve to simply tap and hold on an empty space and then, click on paste. That’s all.