Facebook is down? How to check and fix this
Facebook has become the most-used social media platform. As the traffic is rapidly increasing on Facebook, the server crashes at one point of time or another. Therefore, “Facebook is down” has become quite a common issue nowadays. It has become the talk of the time, and therefore we are here addressing the issue “Facebook is down” and providing the best solutions to it.
How to Check if Facebook is Down?
Facebook is down? Let’s check if it actually down for anyone:
- Open your browser and go to Facebook Platform status
Important Note: The Facebook status page is a product of Facebook and hence may not have the updated information.
- Check Twitter to see if Facebook is down. Keep track of the timestamp of every Tweet to check if other people are reporting any issue with Facebook and its services.
Twitter gives you details of every second about Facebook sessions. Check Facebook’s Twitter page to make sure that if Facebook is down or currently facing any server problem. Facebook outage usually appears on Twitter and other social media platforms.
If you are not able to open Twitter or other sites like YouTube and Snapchat, there is something wrong from the end of your ISP. Contact your Internet Service Provider to get the solution.
- There are many third-party ‘”status checker” available on the web that can help you understand the current status of Facebook server. Down for everyone or just me, downright, Downdetector, Is it Down right now?, or Outrage.Report.
- Make sure that you are using the official Facebook log-in page to sign-in. If you are using Facebook app, it should be only downloaded from the Playstore or App store of your Android or iOS device respectively.
- If your browser is not letting you use Facebook, we suggest you use Facebook app. Similarly, if the Facebook app is not working, you can try using your Smartphone’s or computer’s web browser.
- Close, all the browser Windows, and wait for a minute or two. Not open one tab at a time and try using Facebook. Similarly, if you are using an app on your Smartphone or tablet, close the app for the time being. Close all the apps at a time and then open only Facebook apps and check if you can use Facebook.
- Clean all the cache from your browser.
- Clear cookies and history of your browser.
- Clear all the malware and virus from your computer or android device.
- Restart your computer.
- Check for DNS server issues. Though, it is a rare factor, you make sure this part doesn’t leave untouched while you are doing troubleshooting. You can try switching the DNS servers as there are many free and public options available.
- Unlock Facebook. If your Facebook account is disabled or locked, make you first recover your account by verifying your identity.
- Try using VPN and web proxy servers, if Facebook is blocked in your area.
- If none of the above-given tips is helping you, make sure you check your internet connection. If there are too many devices on your network, the bandwidth will be impacted. Therefore, try to connect with a limited number of devices when Facebook seems to be down.
If there are people other than you who are reporting issues with Facebook, just wait for a few hours before signing-in. But, if no other user is having issues, you need to check things at your own end.
Solution: Things to Do When Facebook is down
You are probably searching for solutions that can help you when you can’t connect to Facebook. We suggest few very simple yet effective tips that can help you fix the “Facebook is down” issue:
For Android: Download Facebook
For iOS: Download Facebook
Important Tip: If none of the apps is closing or there is any issue with closure of apps, we suggest you restarting the device.
Check for Facebook Error Messages
The Facebook error code can be the reason why you are not able to access Facebook. Common error messages that affect the performance of Facebook are: HTTP status code errors like, 500 Internal Server Error, 403 Forbidden, and 404 Not Found.
Many times, Facebook notifies its users by providing the messages for error codes, such as:
- “Sorry, something went wrong. We’re working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.”
- “Account Temporarily Unavailable. Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly.”
- “Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours.”
If Facebook notifies you with a message that there is something wrong with Facebook or the site is under maintenance, not only you but every user is having the same issue and hence all you can do is wait for a day or two. Usually it takes 24-72 hours to get the things back to normal.
Locked out of Facebook account
How to recover hacked Facebook account