Athletes train around the year for a few events because participation in sports requires the highest discipline and determination. These strenuous workout sessions put their bodies under a lot of stress, leading to muscle injuries and strains. The most significant asset an athlete can have is a well-tuned and flexible body. In recent years, the use of cannabidiol by gym enthusiasts and athletes has risen, thanks to its medicinal and therapeutic properties. While these products were not a part of mainstream medicine before, they have become popular natural remedies for various illnesses. Are you looking to switch from synthetic drugs to more sustainable alternative treatments? If so, here’s a quick look at how cannabidiol can improve the overall health of athletes.
What is Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is one of over a hundred chemical compounds found in the Cannabis Sativa plant. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol does not produce any intoxication in consumers. As a result, the compound is safer, healthier, and more apt for extended use by athletes and gym enthusiasts. Additionally, companies can extract cannabidiol from marijuana and hemp but choose to do so from the latter to exclude excessive amounts of THC. The 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp products containing less than 0.3% THC. Hence, hemp products are legal for use in the US federally, leading to a rise in demand for such products in recent years.
Research has shown that cannabidiol possesses various medicinal and therapeutic benefits. One of the primary advantages of using such natural products is that they do not contain harmful toxins and chemicals. Additionally, it provides relief from stress, hypertension, anxiety, depression, insomnia, inflammation, and pain without inducing the psychoactive effects of cannabis or marijuana. Hemp’s chemical compounds work by interacting with our body’s endocannabinoid system. They bind to receptors and neurotransmitters used to relay crucial information within the body. As a result, the best CBD tincture oil for pain can impact our circadian rhythm, appetite, metabolism, pain management, and immune response.
How CBD Improves the Overall Health of Athletes
- Cannabidiol can help individuals calm their nerves and relax their muscles effectively. As a result, it can help individuals suffering from sleep-related disorders, such as insomnia. Sleep is a crucial part of any athlete’s training as it provides them with the rest required to repair, recharge and reinvigorate their bodies.
- The hemp extracts interact with our CB2 receptors to regulate our body’s immune response. The inflammation arises as a reaction to external stimuli or threats. Hence, hemp extracts can help alleviate excessive swelling, redness, and inflammation by monitoring and regulating our immune responses. Doing so can help boost the speed of recovery, aid in performance enhancement and prevent muscle soreness.
- The potent analgesic properties of these compounds help in mitigating the symptoms associated with acute and chronic pain. These products can help athletes and gym enthusiasts manage the soreness and pain they feel before, during, and after exercise. Using such products after a workout can aid recovery and handle the pain individuals feel from sore joints, muscle aches, and injuries.
- Studies have highlighted the anti-catabolic properties of cannabidiol, which prevents the breaking down of lean muscle time. In several ways, these products can also help build more muscle mass and decrease the concentration of catabolic and stress hormones, such as cortisol. These also play a part in breaking down muscle tissue when the body requires blood sugar.
- Following a good and healthy diet is crucial if you wish to maintain a healthy and athletic body. Cannabidiol can help prevent nausea and vomiting, ensuring that consumers can eat nutritious meals after their grueling workouts. Intense workouts can divert blood flow from the stomach leading to nausea and restlessness, which the anti-emetic effect of Sunday Scaries CBD can counter. Additionally, these products can stimulate your appetite, ensuring you consume the required calories to build muscle.
- Some of the most common physical ailments that plague athletes are dehydration, muscle spasms, nerve damage, and muscular injury. Hemp extracts can prevent and reduce the intensity of muscle spasms, resulting in fewer injuries and smoother recovery. The anti-spasmodic effect of hemp can provide some much-needed relief to your muscles after a strenuous workout.
- Cannabidiol’s ability to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure makes it an excellent ally to your heart. These properties promote cardiovascular health, resulting in a more robust and healthier body. Consumption of cannabidiol, coupled with intense cardio exercises, can ensure you stay healthy and fit.
Incorporating CBD into Your Routine
Now that you know about the benefits of cannabidiol: let us look at how to incorporate such products into your daily routine.
- Use tinctures for quick, easy, and convenient ingestion if you don’t mind the inherent taste of such products. These require consumers to measure the appropriate amount in a dropper. Therefore, they allow individuals maximum control over their consumption. However, beginners must consult a doctor before starting such a regiment to ensure they take the required amount.
- If you don’t like the bitter, earthy, and nutty taste of cannabidiol, you can opt for tinctures and oils which contain other additives. Most companies produce variants that have natural flavoring agents in them to mask the earthiness of cannabis. On the other hand, users can also use CBD gummies and edibles if they want products that taste better.
- Incorporating cannabidiol as butter or oil in the food you consume regularly is another excellent way to add some spice into your life. These methods allow for the flexible addition of cannabis as consumers can incorporate them into their preferred food items and beverages. You can add a few drops of these products into tea, coffee, oatmeal, smoothies, and even salad dressings.
- If you suffer from a localized injury or inflammation, topical CBD products might be the perfect way to relieve your symptoms. These lotions and creams contain hemp extracts and can provide instant pain relief to users. Consumers can apply these directly to their skin, wherein the epithelial cells absorb them, allowing them to seep into the bloodstream.
- Due to the lack of regulation surrounding cannabis marketing and sales, consumers need to ensure they research the market before making any purchase. Only buy CBD products from reputed and credible companies to guarantee high quality and consistency. Going through online reviews, third-party testing reports, and customer testimonials will allow individuals to gauge a company’s brand value.
Athletes put their bodies under undue stress for extended periods, resulting in several physical ailments. While over-the-counter drugs can offer relief from pain and inflammation, they cause various side effects and issues. Meanwhile, cannabidiol serves as a healthier, safer, and more sustainable option. As a result, more and more athletes are switching to alternative medicines to improve their physical fitness and wellbeing. How has CBD helped you improve as an athlete? Inspire others to transform their lives with the help of CBD by sharing your experiences below!